Posts by hss

I don't need a cursor at all and I already have disabled it at display driver level (EnableCursor=0). But the CLR loader makes a call to show the wait cursor while it JITs the application and there is nothing I can do about that. I have tried with a small native application that loads first and moves the cursor out of screen but when the managed application loads afterwards the CLR still shows the wait cursor.

Hans

- I do use the bootscreen
    - Explorer is not enabled (Kiosk mode)
    - It takes a while to load our compact framework application and thats why the hour glass is spinning for about 10 seconds before I can move it out of the screen with my application code. Maybe I should make a native application with short loadtime that moves the cursor out of the screen before the managed application is loaded!

Thanks,
    Hans Steffensen

Our PicoCOM2 is starting a Compact Framework 3.5 application at startup in kiosk mode and during load a spinning hourglass cursor is shown until the application hides it. I newer want to see the spinning hourglass cursor – so how do I default remove it?

Thanks,
    Hans Steffensen

From kernel version 1.14 it is possible to write a new Eboot and NBoot from NDCUCFG. Is it also possible to do that from NetDCU-SKIT-USB-UpDate now or any plans for doing that as mentioned in the documentation?

Thanks,
    Hans Steffensen

Here is my display setting

I can see that your Config and HSW values are different. I have tried to change these 2 values and then the display looks perfect again. Could you send me a new bootloader display setup (psd-file) with these setting and contrast enabled?

Thanks,
    Hans Steffensen

We have a problem updating the kernel with NetDCU-SKIT-USB-UpDate on our PicoCOM2 module with some usb memory sticks. Updating 10 files to our application in FFSDisk is always working and after that the kernel is going to be updated but after writing kernel in testmode a read error is written as the result. We see the problem with Kingston usb memory stick and we have tried with 2GB, 4GB and 8GB with same failure. We have tried with other noname memory sticks for a while with success.

What does this read error exactly mean and how can we solve this problem?

Thanks,
    Hans Steffensen

I have updated to the latest binary bsp release (kernel V. 1.13) to be common with the latest bootloader but that didn’t change anything with the display content shifting.

I have also tried to connect the display ENB pin 38 with J9 pin 21 on the evaluation board and then the display is totally unreadable.

Thanks,
    Hans Steffensen

With EBOOT_PC2_104 there is no configuration where the display is working correctly. With previous eboot version it was working.
    Sorry about the mistake in the display name – I meant ET035009DH6.

We see the same problem with the evaluationboard where you made an adapterboard for connecting the custom display.

You are asking about the ENAB pin. I am not sure which pin you mean because there are more enable pins. Our customer did not connect PicoCOM2 pin 60 (LCDDEN) and pin 68 (LCDENA).

Thanks,
    Hans Steffensen

Changing the display contrast from your test application KontrastBeispiel.exe is not working when WinCE display initialization is set to disabled in the bootloader.

Is there any settings missing in the bootscreen display setup you generated for my custom lcd?

Thanks,
    Hans Steffensen

I have updated our PicoCOM2 module with the newest EBOOT (EBOOT_PC2_104) and after that update the display output is moved about 100 pixels in x-directions and 5 pixels in y-direction. This is the same for the bootscreen and windows CE. I am using the display ET036009DH609011.

I have tried to disable the bootscreen and then it’s only shifted about 5 pixels in y-direction and no shifting in x-direction.

I am using NBoot pc2boot_19 and Binary BSP (BSP_PicoCOM2_20091222).

Please help me.

Thanks,
    Hans Steffensen

We are also using a usb memory stick for software update and data export in our medical device based on PicoCOM2 and can not accept a smashed registry!

How is it possible to damage the registry by mounting a USB flash drive?

Thanks,
    Hans

I have tried to update to the newest NBoot from Eboot but I receive an error.

Here are the version of my current bootloaders:
    NBoot VC217
    Eboot V1.2

Version of my PicoCom2 module:
    Board Revision 1.10
    Footprint: 64MB flash, 64MB Ram

Debug output looks like this:

I have also tried to update the NBoot from NBoot itself and it stops after it has written 8 dots to the the debug output and then nothing else happens!

Is there anything I do wrong here?

Thanks,
    Hans