Using LCDPOW as input

• Hello,

I'm trying to use I/O pin 43 (LCDPOW) as an input. I have changed the
    UseAsIo and DataDir entries in the registry accordingly, and I do reconfigure
    the driver via IOCTL_DIO_REINIT within my application.
    However, when trying to insert 3,3 V into this pin, this voltage pulled down
    to ground by PicoCOM.
    Is there any LCD setting we have to adjust to disable the LCDPOW usage
    for the LCD driver?

Thanks,

Peter

• Are you using your own, custom base board? If you are using the Starterkit you will not be able to use this pin as in input in general (see starterkit ciruit).

Another requirement for using this pin is the display driver must be disabled. If the PicoCOM2 display driver is still loaded this pin will still be controlled by the display driver.

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Quote from "fs-support_MK"

Are you using your own, custom base board?

Yes, it's a custom base board where the PicoCOM LCDPOW pin is not connected to the display.

Quote from "fs-support_MK"

Another requirement for using this pin is the display driver must be disabled. If the PicoCOM2 display driver is still loaded this pin will still be controlled by the display driver.

Hm ... does this mean there will be no display driver at all? We do have an LCD connected,
    just the LCDPOW and CFLPOW pins shall not be used by the driver.
    (The latter one works fine as an application controlled output.)

• Quote from "resolut"

Hm ... does this mean there will be no display driver at all?

Yes. There currently is no way to configure the display driver that it will not use the LCDPOW signal. I suppose the only possibility is to create a special display driver for you. This will be possible for sure. Please contact our sales department (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:sales@fs-net.de">sales@fs-net.de</a><!-- e -->) to get a corresponding offer.

Software developer, F&amp;S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.