Posts by resolut

After switching from PicoCOM2 to PicoCOM4 I notice some differences in the serial port driver behavior. As it seems, on PicoCOM4 the driver is non-blocking - a ReadFile() call may return withour error even when nothing was received (number of bytes read is zero). On PicoCOM2, ReadFile() did complete only after something was read.
    There is a parameter ISTTimeouts (default value 512) in HKLM/Drivers/BuiltIn/SerialX, which is new to PicoCOM4. What range/units apply to this value? How can I set an infinite timeout?
    I have tried various settings but did not see any change in the behavior (except setting ISTTimeouts to 0 which prevents the CPU from complete booting).
    I'm using kernel NKPC4_CORE_CF35_120119.bin.
    Are there other differences I have to be aware of?

Hello,

we do have a similar problem that might be related so I put it here.
    After switching from PicoCOM2 to PicoCOM4 (kernel NKPC4_CORE_CF35_120119.bin) we are unable to use pins 27 and 28 (IO pins 9 and 10) as inputs. According to the manual, these pins can function as outputs only. However, the same is stated to PicoCOM2, where these pins work as inputs normally.

1. Can these pins be used as inputs on PicoCOM4?
    2. A few posts above, a DLL file is attached. Will this solve the problem? Where do I have to copy this?
    3. The kernel NKPC4_CORE_CF35_120119.bin is rather old, but the latest release comes with XIP-version only. Will there be an update on NKPC4_CORE_CF35? Should I use XIPNKPC4_CORE_CF35 instead (requires larger partition)?
    4. If these pins really can be used as outputs only on PicoCOM4, we could switch to pins 40 (IO 20) and 24 (IO 7). The latter one is related to USB power - could there be any side effects when using this pin as input?

Quote from "terrybird"

I am now running NetDCUUSBLoader as an administrator and it is working - thank you for your help

I ran into the same problem (Vista Home Premium) and, by accident, found the following solution:
    After starting the download, unplug the USB cable from your PC, then replug it and click "Start" again.

Quote from "fs-support_MK"

Are you using your own, custom base board?

Yes, it's a custom base board where the PicoCOM LCDPOW pin is not connected to the display.

Quote from "fs-support_MK"

Another requirement for using this pin is the display driver must be disabled. If the PicoCOM2 display driver is still loaded this pin will still be controlled by the display driver.

Hm ... does this mean there will be no display driver at all? We do have an LCD connected,
    just the LCDPOW and CFLPOW pins shall not be used by the driver.
    (The latter one works fine as an application controlled output.)

Hello,

I'm trying to use I/O pin 43 (LCDPOW) as an input. I have changed the
    UseAsIo and DataDir entries in the registry accordingly, and I do reconfigure
    the driver via IOCTL_DIO_REINIT within my application.
    However, when trying to insert 3,3 V into this pin, this voltage pulled down
    to ground by PicoCOM.
    Is there any LCD setting we have to adjust to disable the LCDPOW usage
    for the LCD driver?

Thanks,

Peter

Hello,

is it possible to dynamically modify the behaviour of digital I/O lines (input or output) at runtime?
    As far as I understand from the documentation, the registry setting DataDir is read at system boot
    by the driver, so it probably would have no effect to change this key later, right?
    Can I access the driver via DeviceIoControl() to change the data direction?

Hello,

we do have problems with playing WAV files on our PicoCOM2.
    When trying to play e.g. system sounds (from Settings - Control Panel
    - Volume & Sounds), nothing is output to an external speaker
    (connected to J8 on the starter kit).
    The registry entries under HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\Audio do have
    their default values:

Initialized 0x00000001
    LineInVolRight 0x00000007
    LineInVolLeft 0x00000007
    Prefix "WAV"
    Dll "pc2_wavedev.dll"
    Index 0x00000001
    Order 0x00000120
    OutMute 0x00000000
    HeadphoneVolLeft 0x00000039
    HeadphoneVolRight 0x00000039
    InMute 0x00000001

Anything else we have to check/set?

[Admin: Moved into to separate thread]

That's it!

I adjusted the settings for bpp, BLW and ELM and got a stable picture. Great.

My settings are as follows:

Thank you for your help,

Martin

Thank you for the parameter sheet, this makes the things a lot clearer.
    Which range is available for BLW?

Right now I'm trying the added config file in the DE mode.
    due to a cabling problem there is no success, but this is my turn.

I'll keep you informed...

Thanks,
    Martin

A very small progress: we tried connection with HSYNC unused (left open as proposed in the displays data sheet) without any change.
    With the opposite try (DE unconnected, HSYNC used) at least the right part of the display shows some very small vertical stripes.

Unfortunately we do not have access to a guide for programming correct display settings. So what else should we check?

regards, Martin

Hello,

we successfully started with the TX09 (shipped with the starter kit)
    but now want to connect a Hitachi TX17D01VM2CAA. This is a TFT
    VGA 18 Bpp LCD, which corresponds to mode 6 in \Drivers\Display\LCD.
    However, we do see nothing at all on the display with this mode.
    Display mode 6 is reported in DCUTerm, so actually it should work.
    The cabling looks correct to us.
    (We also tried mode 5 with no success.)

Has anyone ever succeeded in connecting this display brand?
    Is there anything else we have to set in the registry?

Thanks,

Peter