Kernelupdate

• Trying a Kernel update with your "KernelUpdate_NDCU8_V104.exe" the program aborts with "Kernel partition to small". Platform used is a NETDCU 8. The Kernel Version I would like to use is "NK82_CF2_070525.bin".

What shall I do?

• Hello,

do fit the partition size for the BIN file size. Use bootloader command "P" to do this.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Due to some restrictions on accessing the flash memory the partitioning on a running WindowsCE system can not be adapted directly. But there is available another solution. We will send you an email with some detailed information (programms).

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• OK. Thank you for your support, basicly it's working... But:

To tell the truth, we hoped to decrease work on the NETDCU in the series, but it seems to increase. The reason for that is, that we have to start the *.bat file for the setup. Therefore we must see something on the display, which means that we have to connect it to the DCU Terminal load the display text file start the batch file and after that the same procedure as before. So work nearly doubles.

Here are my questions:
    1. Do you have an idea how to start the update program automatically, so that we are not forced to see anything on the screen?
    2. Is it possible to update the kernel including the txt file for the display?