where are the remote tools ?

• Hi,

I moved to a new PC and reinstalled the SDK, but there is no directory ...Windows CE Tools\Platman\bin\wce500. If I try the wce420 version I always get an error "unable to load device side components" ?

Thanks

edit: also downloading from embedded vc is not possible, instead asking for the manual server startup there is an error "connection was not created"

edit2: sorry this should be at the Windows forum, maybe an Admin can move it there

• [admin comment:] Moved into Windows Embedded category.

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Please try using the tools that are available in the start menu under Visual Studio subfolder. I remember that there were a compatibility problems with remote tools.

Also referenced at: Remote Tools mit Fehler:unable to load device side component

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I've seen this thread, but the eVC tools menu just points to that missing directory "C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Microsoft Shared\Windows CE Tools\Platman\bin\WCE500".
    Separate start menu entries are available only with VS 2008, not with the old eVC 4.0