Support for capacitive displays ?

• I'd like to know what is necessary in F&S DUCs for supporting new capacitive touch screens ?
    It's necessary a especific hardware on board ?
    It's necessary a especific driver ? WinCE driver ?
    It Can be connected via USB and suppported by WinCE driver? in this case, driver must be supplied by capacitive touch manufacturer ??

Any help and clarifications would be appreciated.

Regards

• Using capacitive touches is far more complicated than using resistive touches. The problem is that the capacitive touches must be adjusted rather precisely, that's why there are several dozens registers to set. And the final adjustments can only be done when all is done, i.e. casing, shielding, generally the whole display setup is in its final state. The adjustments also take some time as different sets of parameters have to be tested over some days to get the best working configuration with the pest performance and accuracy. It may even be necessary to have feedback from the controller manufacturer.

And yes, this requires of course special touch controllers that must be connected externally. There are controllers available that are connected via I2C. And then also a driver must be available, which is usually provided by the controller manufacturer.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

It's necessary a especific hardware on board ?

Yes. But F&S has no capacitive touch controller on any board.

It's necessary a especific driver ? WinCE driver ?

Yes.

It Can be connected via USB and suppported by WinCE driver? in this case, driver must be supplied by capacitive touch manufacturer ??

Yes. Either you got a WINCE USB HID driver from touch manufacturer, or F&S is doing that on assignment.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,
    all Boards from F&S whith WindowsCE or Linux as operating system can use a capacitive touch.screen.
    But it's not so simple as with resistive touch screens.
    If yu want to use a capacitive touch screen, you need a special controller. Sometimes, this controller is already included in flat foil cable of the touch screen (i.e. EDT) and sometimes you need a special interface board.
    The touch controller can communicate with F&S board over USB or I2C interface.
    In combination with our distributors we can offer you a working solution.

Regards
    F&S Support

• Hello, I have received from my provider a capacitive touch (CT) panel for testing it, plus its controller board and drivers for XP and wince6.
    Controller board can be connected by RS232 and USB.
    First, I tested conneting by USB with my XP desktop (its recognized automatically as HID interface) and its works like a mouse to finger movement on CT.
    But when I connect controller to USB board of Netdcu10, nothing happens (I dont know if it's recognized as HID too, but no driver windows appears asking for it), but it does not respond to finger movement.
    I have a dll (driver) from manufacturer for wince6, but I dont know how to "install" them if neccesary, and if default touch driver from netdcu must be disabled first...

Can you give me some ideas ?

Thanks.