Matrix Keyboard

• Hi,
    I need to use a keyboard matrix 14cols x 7rows, how can I connect the picocom4:
    I can use j10 from the starter kit board to capture the codes of the keyboard matrix?
    I have read many posts on the keyboard matrix, but I did not understand.
    best regards

• The matrix keyboard driver of PicoCOM4 is not explained in the device driver documentation yet. We will catch this up soon, but in fact the configuration an usage is similar to PicoMOD6. So maybe you will take a look that this documentation.

Of course you could use pins that are available on J10, but please note that you need to disable the alternate function driver. A 7x13 Matrix is very big for PicoCOM4 as the number of IOs is very limited there.

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hi,
    which I can use matrix keyboard on connector J10, at most? seen that the 7x13 is too much, there is a guide on the following steps:
    1 - how can I disable the alternate driver of J10
    2 - how to acquire keyboard values than J10

thanks for the reply.

• To disable driver you need to mask the value Flags in registry with 4. If you for example want to disable SD driver and be able to use these pins for other purposes, registry must be adapted as follows:

Code
    1. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Builtin\HSMMC]
    2. Flags=dword:4

To quire pins for the matrix keyboard driver you need to specify a list of IO-Pins in registry ([HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD\MATRIX\COLS] and [HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD\MATRIX\ROWS]). Unfortunatly this is not documented in the PicoCOM device driver documentation yet. We are already reworking this documentation. But as the driver basicly works the same as on PicoMOD6 you might also have look in the PicoMOD device driver documentation meanwhile.

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hi,
    what parameter i enter in [HKLM \ HARDWARE \ DEVICEMAP \ KEYBD \ MATRIX] to have the kind of matrix keyboard?
    In the manual there are 4 option, excluding off.
    When we updated the manual for PicoCOM4?
    Best regards.