TouchPanel Interface J7

• Hello,

We are doing some EMC test on our device. We have a problem on NetDCU8, with the touch panel interface (J7).
    Indeed this port appears to be damaged (because we change touch panel). Can you tell me if there is a driver (or protective chip)
    between the touch panel (pin 15,16,17,18 of J7) and chip that operate this fonction. (is this signal direct to Analog port input adressed?).
    Can repair this by soldering new drive chip? Can you give some information about touch panel interface hardware ?

Best Regards

Antonio

• Touch interface is wired directly to the MPU. There is no additional hw available (beside two capacitors).

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Thanks Sir for your reply.

We are currently performing some CEM tests specially the ESD test and we notice the touchpanel reading system is dead after the test. Could you please give us some recommandations how to protect the touchpad signals?

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,

Antonio

• You can use low capacitance ESD protection diodes like for USB.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Thanks you very much for the information. We protect already on our interface board USB with the SN65220.

We must also protect the RS232 and the Ethernet but,
    1. RS232 : a) Why you don't use SP232E (15kV) in place of SP232A ?
    b) Is possible for you to produce NetDCU with SP232E ?

I understand that maybe you will not consider the ESD on your product.But for RS232 transceiver the
    additional cost seems to me low and easier for the customer to integrate in interface board.

2.Ethernet : - the presence of the isolation module (TG110) is sufficient for ESD directive ?
    - have you placed some capacitance ESD protection on board ?

Two other questions and i let you go:

3. NetDCU8 is compatible (pin to pin hardware) with NetDCU9 or NetDCU10 ?
    4. What is the cost (approximately) of Boot Screen module (v1.2) for Windows CE ?

Thank you for your kind cooperation.
    Best Regards