install usb printer

• Hello,

Do you have in the meantime a driver for a higher PCL-level?

I have to correct my previous statement, latest articles from micosoft do only talk about "pcl compatible printers" *not* "pcl3 compatible printers" (WCE6, WEC7, WEC2013). Also i know from one customer which use a pcl6 compatible printer but i was in 2008 so this printer is not available any more.

Do you also provide drivers for further printer languages, e.g. GDI, PS, SPL?

No.

Do you have a list of tested or compatible printers?

We have no list of tested printers and in general we did not know which brands customer use. Best would be select one printer from your office test it then order the latest model and test it again.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I've now bought and tested the printer HP OfficeJet Pro 8210. This printer supports PCL-5c and PCL-6.

The text and grafics output seem to be ok, but the printer prints additional horizontal lines.

I want to be sure, that I use the latest pcl.dll. My pcl.dll file is dated 2nd July 2010. Is this the latest version? If not, where can I get the latest version?

• I've tested another printer HP LaserJet Pro M203dn. This printer supports PCL-5c and PCL-6 as well. This printer is doing alright.
    Our older printer HP Deskjet 5940 is also ok.

So, I think, the driver pcl.dll is up-to-date and compatible with the current PCL-levels PCL-5c and PCL-6.

• Hello,

i rebuilt the driver for CE6 (EC7) on a machine with QFE state 2016M03.

Files

• pcl_ce6.zip

(7.88 kB, downloaded 371 times, last: )

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Edited once, last by fs-support_ZU ().

• Thank you for the new driver.

I've tested the new driver with hp OfficeJet Pro 8210, but unfortunately the error still persists.

Now I've contacted the hp printer forum and they offered to analyse the print stream. Is there a way to "capture" the print stream to a file?

• Sorry, i don't know such a program for wce.
    In our company we use an USB analyzer from company ellisys for such purposes.

• I've returned the hp OfficeJet Pro 8210. Maybe there's a error in the protocol of the printer.

I've then successfully tested the printer hp Officejet Pro 6230. This printer supports PCL-3 Enhanced.
    So, I suppose the driver is ok.

Thank you for your help.