SDcard detected but not working

• I use the kernel 1.03 (Nov 8, 2011). A SD card is attached to my device controlled by PicoCOM4.
    Until last week the SD card was working fine. Now - without any modification - it cannot be accessed as "SDCard" anymore.
    On the contrary, the startup output states as it used to do before

Code
    1. HSMMC: Version 1.0, ActiveKey = Drivers\Active\18
    2. HSMMC: Card inserted!

Do you have any idea?
    Thank you in advance

• Have you already tried to read from SD card using your PC? Maybe the SD card or filesystem is broken?

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• As the card is mounted deep inside an instrument I hesitated to first check the card .
    I was fooled by the startup statement

Code
    1. HSMMC: Card inserted!

which I took for an indication that the driver recognised an inserted card.
    Can you comment on this message? It appears in both cases: card inserted or not inserted.
    The SD card turned out to have become defective (during normal operation without any unload/load operation).

• PicoCOM does not feature a detection pin, therefore (as you already know certainly) the "CardAvailable" flag in registry must be set manually when the card is inserted. If this flag is set permanently, the SD card driver will try to initialize the card on startup and the "card insterted" message will appear. Hence this message does not indicate that a card is insterted actually. It just indicates that the driver asumes the card to be insterted.

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.