Posts by al12559

Hello,

when I use memcfg.exe, the ratio of storage memory to program memory is being adjusted as desired.
    I wanted to include GetSystemMemoryDivision()/SetSystemMemoryDivision() in my application, but these functions are unknown (Visual Studio 2008). Coredll.lib is included in my project settings.
    Do you have any solution?

Thank you in advance

André Lehmann

Hello,

I currently use the registry string

Code
    1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ETHNETA1\Parms\NetworkAddress="00-05-51-03-C6-69"

to read the MAC address of a PicoCOM4 unit. I want to use it as a unique device identifier.

Can I be sure that in future PicoCOM4 kernel releases the path and name of the key will stay the same?

Is it guaranteed that for a PicoCOM4 unit the first three bytes will always be "00-05-51" as F&S manufacturer identification?

Thank you in advance

André Lehmann

My application requires to be launched from Explorer - kiosk mode via replacing the registry value

Code
    1. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init]
    2. ...
    3. "Launch50"="explorer.exe"
    4. "Depend50"=hex:\14,00,1e,00

by my application does not work.

The reason to be forced to run Explorer is the following:
    My application uses a font that is stored permanently in \FFSDISK\Fonts, the registry setting "HKLM\System\Explorer\Shell folders\Fonts" has been changed to that folder.
    In "kiosk mode" the font is not used properly (characters appear as squares).
    Starting my application from Explorer, the font will be displayed correctly.

But in the case of "Kiosk mode" the application window's setting to WNDTOPMOST

Code
    1. SetWindowPos(&wndTopMost,...)

does not cover the Explorer taskbar.

How can I hide the taskbar?

Thank you in advance.

Please use the core SDK V100.

Do you really recommend to set-up my projects a third time (once for PicoCOM2, once for PicoCOM4, now for PicoCOM4 Core)? Or should there really exist a reliable way to change the platform binding of a project? (I would be surprised but happy.) Please let me know.

Very surprising: Now, with PicoCOM4 Core SDK, a debug build completes using PicoCOM4 Core.
    Which lets me ask:

What are the differences between PicoCOM4 SDK and PicoCOM4 Core SDK
    (seemingly responsible for those misleading error messages)?
    Please let me know.

A really annoying trouble comes up again. http://www.forum.fs-net.de/vie…3008&hilit=64bit&start=15
    Your assistance is required.

Situation:
    Installation A: Windows7-32bit, VisualStudio2008 SP1, picocom4_sdk_v101.msi installed
    Debug and Release builds of a PicoCOM4 project complete without errors.

Installation B: Windows7-64bit, VisualStudio2008 SP1, picocom4_sdk_v101.msi installed
    (Before that, PicoCOM2 had been installed and in use for a while, then uninstalled. As we now only use PicoCOM4 and no PicoCOM2 modules anymore I wanted to clean up my projects.)
    The PicoCOM4 project was copied from Installation A to Installation B.
    The Release build completes without errors. The Debug build fails with

Code
    1. 1>uafxcwd.lib(oleunk.obj) : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol ""bool __cdecl ATL::_IsTracingEnabled(unsigned long,unsigned long,unsigned int)" (?_IsTracingEnabled@ATL@@YA_NKKI@Z)" in Funktion ""public: static bool __cdecl ATL::CTrace::IsTracingEnabled(unsigned long,unsigned int)" (?IsTracingEnabled@CTrace@ATL@@SA_NKI@Z)".
    2. 1>PicoCOM4 (ARMV4I)\Debug/LowVolumeSpectrometer.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 nicht aufgelöste externe Verweise.

Linking uafxcwd.lib or uuid.lib does not help (and was not required with Installation A.)
    How do I overcome this?
    I observe the same behaviour with other PicoCOM4 projects: Debug build fails, Release build completes while no differences between the project file settings can be found. All these projects were created starting with a new PicoCOM4 project and adding the files from a PicoCOM2 project.

(By the way: see http://forum.fs-net.de/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1110). PLEASE add the requirement to do a custom install as a readme.txt at the download site of the SDKs. Even better would be to solve the problem.)

I recompiled the sample for PicoCOM4.
    In both cases (USB mouse connected or not) the output is the same, the "HID1:" device is listed.
    Reason: A USB keyboard is connected at the same time.
    Only if neither USB keyboard nor USB mouse are connected, the failure to detect a "HID1:" device assures that a mouse is not present.

So I need another way to check for mouse presence. Do you have any idea?

On the serial debug output I see messages

Code
    1. Attach moutouchUSB

on the mouse plugging in and

Code
    1. Deach moutouchUSB

on unplugging the mouse regardless of USB keyboard presence.
    What component issues these messages?
    What action (other than the debug output) is followed by the detection of these events?
    Does an environment variable reflect this state change?
    Is a message sent to all running tasks?

After some research I found out that probably the mouse driver must be modified to enable device detection reliably.
    See http://us.generation-nt.com/an…ence-help-70822232.html#r e.g.
    In this case, I assume, you (F&S) would have to do this, and it would mean a customised kernel at extra charge.
    Am I right?

Hello,

I would be grateful if you could provide a solution for the following problem soon:

(1) Current date/time is 2012-02-18 15:44:00
    (2) I set date/time to 2012-09-18 15:44:00 using the API function SetLocalTime().
    (3) A subsequent call to GetLocalTime() returns 2012-09-18 16:44:xx - one hour forward.
    The same time is returned when I open a cmd window and enter "time".
    Current time zone setting is (GMT+01:00).
    The "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving" option is selected in Settings=>Control Panel=>Date/Time.
    The corresponding registry value exists

Code
    1. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Clock]
    2. "AutoDST"=dword:1

Kernel version is V-1.08.

As you can see, the date for DaylightSavingTime activation (2012-03-25) is between the old and the new time stamp.

This erroneous behaviour appears to be related to the failure in obeying the "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving" setting
    which I had described in the thread "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving" (without getting any reply for 6 months).

Thank you in advance for any reply - even "no solution so far" would be better than nothing.

Addendum: See <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://blogs.msdn.com/b/cenet/archive/2006/04/27/daylight-savings-time-roll-overs-on-windows-ce.aspx">http://blogs.msdn.com/b/cenet/archive/2 ... ws-ce.aspx</a><!-- m -->
    Perhaps this issue is related to the WinCE kernel set-up and thus could be solved by F&S?

Using Kernel version 1.08, I observe in the serial debug output messages such as

Code
    1. Attach moutouchHID

on connecting a USB mouse to the device and

Code
    1. Detach moutouchHID

on disconnecting.
    Is there a way to query whether a mouse is connected?
    Or are there system messages that can be received and processed by a running application?

Thank you for creating the new PicoCOM4 SDK.
    What has changed? Can I use this PicoCOM4 SDK in parallel with PicoCOM2 SDK? Probably not. I hesitate to check it out due to the horrible experiences so far.

But as I stated: The problem is connected with PicoCOM2 projects requiring the PicoCOM2 SDK.
    Until now I used

Code
    1. picocom2_core_sdk_V120.zip 26108K 6/12/2012

which appears to be the most recent one.
    What are the diffences between this version and

Code
    1. picocom2_core_sdk_V110.zip 5741K 6/12/2012

?
    The .zip file name may indicate version V120 which might be more recent than V110. Though, both .zip files have the same file date but differ in size. The included readme.txt files appear to be identical. The file times of the included .msi files (V110 ‎13.‎02.‎2009 â€â€Ž15:19, V120: ‎06.‎07.‎2011 â€â€Ž14:41) appear to suggest to prefer V120 to V110.
    I spent some hours to derive PicoCOM4 versions from some of my PicoCOM2 projects (carefully reproducing the deeply nested project settings) and have not finished yet.

To clarify the problem: It emerged after the following steps.
    (1) Installed VisualStudio2008 and PicoCOM2 SDK.
    (2) Created a PicoCOM2 project and worked on it for months.
    (3) After replacing the PicoCOM2 with PicoCOM4 hardware, tried to install PicoCOM4 SDK.
    Installation fails until PicoCOM2 SDK has been uninstalled.
    (4) Installed PicoCOM4 SDK.
    As a consequence, PicoCOM2 projects cannot be opened in VisualStudio2008 anymore.
    (5) Uninstalled PicoCOM4 SDK, (Too bad that colleagues created PicoCOM4 projects in between which I need to use in my work but cannot open anymore.)
    (6) Installed PicoCOM2 SDK.

Compile and link the VERY SAME PicoCOM2 project as before (had been restored from archive) now produces the said

Code
    1. uafxcw.lib(cmdtarg.obj) : error LNK2001: (...)

errors.

All of it happened on the same VisualStudio2008 installation (no switch between 2005 and 2008 versions).

It appears that the change between the SDKs is responsible for this failure.

So I direct the question to you as the issuer of the SDKs:
    What can I do to overcome this error IN SHORT TIME?

Please try to link against uuid.lib .

It does not help. Still I get

where there were no errors before trying to use PicoCOM4 SDK. Now the only installed SDK is PicoCOM2 as it was before.
    I need to continue my project immediately.

Not only that SDK4 and SDK2 cannot exist in parallel - now I get numerous linker errors with EVERY project that worked fine before:

Code
    1. uafxcwd.lib(cmdtarg.obj) : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgelöstes externes Symbol "IID_IDispatch".

I changed neither project settings nor source code.
    (No. including uafxcwd.lib does not help - was not required before anyway.)
    WHAT'S THAT?
    I need a fast solution.

Now I found out that BOTH ways DO NOT WORK:

(A)
    (1) deinstall both SDK4 and SDK2 if installed
    (2) install SDK2
    (3) restart
    (4) SDK2 available for a new VStudio2008 project (no existing project loaded)
    (5) install SDK4
    (6) restart
    (7) SDK4 available for a new VStudio2008 project (no existing project loaded), SDK2 disappeared

(B)
    (1) deinstall both SDK4 and SDK2 if installed
    (2) install SDK4
    (3) restart
    (4) SDK4 available for a new VStudio2008 project (no existing project loaded)
    (5) install SDK2
    (6) restart
    (7) SDK2 available for a new VStudio2008 project (no existing project loaded), SDK4 disappeared

Both SDKs are available for deinstallation using "Systemsteuerung=>Programm deinstallieren"
    Both program folders
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows CE Tools\wce600\PicoCOM2
    and
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows CE Tools\wce600\PicoCOM4
    exist and have reasonable contents.

(C) selecting "Repair installation" => both SDKs disappeared in VStudio2008
    I use <picocom2_core_sdk_V120.msi> and <picocom4_sdk_v101.msi>

After 2 wasted hours I gave up.

(Would have been too good to be true.)
    I tried again to install <picocom4_sdk_v101.msi>, same trouble as before:
    Two error messages:

Installer Information:
    ToolsMsmCA(Error): IHxFilters filter registration failure:
    Err = 0x80040305, Content = pFilters->SetNamespace( Namespace )

and

Installer Information:
    ToolsMsmCA(Error): IHxRegisterSession transaction failure:
    Err = 0x8004036f, pRegSession->CommitTransaction()

then rollback.
    I use VisualStudio 2008 with <picocom2_core_sdk_V120.msi> installed on Windows7(64bit).
    Any ideas?

Especially nice: After the failed installation of <picocom4_sdk_v101.msi> it "rolled back" so thoroughly that the PicoCOM2 SDK was also removed.
    Did you ever test it?

Addendum:
    Now I have a completely damaged installation, even the installation of PicoCOM2 SDK fails with similar error messages. None of my PicoCOM projects works anymore. Great if you have to meet time lines.

An immediate solution will not only be appreciated but required.