Real Time Communication

• Hello.
    I have some questions on RTC.

I started with VS2008 and the latest CF3.5 kernel on PicoCOM1 and did some test in managed (C#) or PInvoke which was ok.
    Now i like to test some RTC Functionality.

1) Why isn't there a kernel with CF3.5 and RTC? I have to go back to CF2.0 for RTC which disables some functionality from CF3.5.

2) The latest kernel in CF2.0 RTC is not loadable because he is > 16MB. So i have to use the 2nd last kernel and some IO is not doing.
    I think it is possible to repartitioning to get more space but i dont wanna do this with every board and it is critical.

3) I use the loadable 2nd last CF2.0 RTC kernel. But it is not possible to instanciate the RTCClient.
    I do CoInitializeEx and CoCreateInstance and get an error result that the class is not registered when i step through.
    I have installed the SDK and tried this in managed and in native and it does not work.
    Also i can't find rtcdll.dll or any rtc*.dll on the PicoCOM1 even with the CF2.0 RTC kernel.
    The entry in the registry HKCR/CLSID/{7a42ea29-a2b7-40c4-b091-f6f024aa89be} for RTC is also missing.
    Is there something to do before using RTC with the RTC-kernel? start some service or so?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    A. Nebgen

1) Why isn't there a kernel with CF3.5 and RTC? I have to go back to CF2.0 for RTC which disables some functionality from CF3.5.

I think the intention was to keep the kernel image small as CF3.5 compared to CF2.0 requires a little more kernel disk space. If you are interesed in a kernel image that features CF3.5 and RTC(VOIP) we offer the possiblity to create a custom kernel image for you. Please contact our sales department for more information (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:sales@fs-net.de">sales@fs-net.de</a><!-- e -->).

2) The latest kernel in CF2.0 RTC is not loadable because he is > 16MB. So i have to use the 2nd last kernel and some IO is not doing.
    I think it is possible to repartitioning to get more space but i dont wanna do this with every board and it is critical.

Could you specify in more detail what exactly is the probelm with IOs in the last kernel image? There is no known issue regarding IOs on PicoCOM1 on the last kernel image.
    To repartition the flash automatotacilly it is possible using a PSD file that includes custom bootloader settings with USBLoader. If you are interested in this solution we could offer you detailed information how to arrange this.

We need to verify this in more detail. Maybe there really is something wrong with the latest kernel image.

Software developer, F&amp;S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello.
    Thank you for your fast response.
    I will do the step to repartitioning the PicoCOM1 to be able to load the latest CF2.0 RTC kernel.
    Then i will test RTC and IO things and tell you my result. Maybe everything is doing then.
    A. Nebgen

• Hello.
    Things are working now.
    I have repartitioned kernal area from 16MB to 18MB and therefore FFSDISK from 16MB to 14MB which was not difficult.
    After this it was possible to load the latest CF2.0 RTC kernel and this kernel has all the missing things from the version before.
    The IO problem was only based on the fact that loading a different kernel clears the registry an all IO settings was lost.
    Therefore the IO definitions for access, direction and irq was gone. After setting the values it works.
    For the moment that's all because i use the latest kernel and can test RTC.
    Im only missing CF3.5 with RTC but you told what to do.
    Thanks. A. Nebgen