Probleme mit der Verbindung zum PC

• Hallo,
    ich habe ein Problem mit dem Windows Mobile-Gerätemanager. Beim Einschalten meines Gerätes wurde bisher das Gerätecenter geöffnet und ich konnte über den Explorer ohne Probleme auf das PicoCOM Modul zugreifen.
    Seit gestern hängt sich das Gerätecenter beim Start auf, oder startet gar nicht erst. Wenn ich ein PicoCOM2 in mein Gerät einbaue, funktioniert alles tadellos. Leider läuft mein Projekt nur auf dem PicoCOM4. Ich habe bereits an anderes PicoCOM4 Modul ausprobiert, welches definitiv keine Probleme hatte. Auch damit hatte ich leider keinen Erfolg. Das PicoCOM4 wird erkannt und erscheint auch im Exporer, ich kann aber nicht darauf zugreifen. Demzufolge kann ich auch nicht debuggen.
    Abgesehen von dem Verbindungsproblem funktioniert das PicoCOM aber tadellos. Ich gehe davon aus, dass ich irgendeinen Treiber neu installieren muss, bzw. ein Windows-Update für die Probleme gesorgt hat.
    Ist so ein Problem bekannt? Ich bin relativ sicher, dass es am PC liegt, weiß aber nicht wo ich suchen soll.

• could you please verify if this problem is caused by the CEDB bug in Windows CE?
    See <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.fs-net.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2893">viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2893</a><!-- l --> for details.
    Does erasing the regsitry help to resolve this situation?

Software developer, F&amp;S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I think that i only need the right driver to fix the problem.
    i can find the PicoCOM2 device in the device manager at "portable devices". But if i plug in the PicoCOM4 nothing happens. But i can hear the noise that is heard when a device gets connected.
    At my PicoCOM device i can see that the USB device status ist Connected.

• Active Sync (called smart device center on Windows 7) already comes with all requried components.
    Please try to erase the registry the complete as described in the referenced thread. You can erase the registry with EBoot-command "R".

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I´m sorry but where should i delete the registry? In the PicoCOM4? I can´t find something like eboot-command!?
    Sorry but i am a beginner in using PicoCOM an ActiveSync.
    Is it possible to get a guide more step by step?

• if i start the device i get the message: "could not install device driver"
    in the device manager at other devices i see "generic serial (prototype--remember to change idvendor)" now. And the device manager also shows a new device at the portable devices now. But it is not PicoCOM4 it is G:\
    If i use PicoCOM2 at portable devices is PicoCOM2 shown.

• The First Steps documentation should cover basics regarding EBoot menu and deploying firmware (and also how to erase registry).
    Just to clearify this: In your first post you told Active Sync has already been working for your. If this really is the case I would highly recommend to erase the registry to verify that this problem is not caused by the mentioned CEDB bug.

Which kernel have you installed?

• I have deleted the registry. But it didn´t solved my Problem.
    I deleted the software by using "regedit.exe" -> registry -> delete

The Kernel is:
    1.01 Build Jul 22 2011
    The Eboot is:
    V 1.0
    The Nboot is:
    PC423

The PicoCOM4 Symbol appers for a short time in the Explorer of my PC. It seems like everything is ok. But then the Symbol disapears.

• Hello Jans,

I have deleted the registry. But it didn´t solved my Problem.

I suggest this will not work. Step into the bootloader and use command "R" to reset registry to default.

You may use the link attached by fs-support_MK for check if your problem is really the CEDB problem. Just run "check and clear CEDB" exe.

• Hi hpb,

I have allready done "check and clear CEDB" exe.
    But nothing happend if I start the applikation.

Now i erased all my USB drivers from my PC and now the PicoCOM4 and also the PicoCOM2 doesn´t work anymore. So I still think, i do need a correct driver.

How can I get into the bootloader? Because of i´m using usb connetion only

• You need a serial debug interface to enter EBoot menu. Please take a look at the First Steps documentation.

If ActiveSync has been working before and you didn't change the HW setup I may not believe that it is a missing driver. ActiveSync is integrated into Windows CE kernel and you Windows Host system. You will not need any special driver.

Please also take a look at the debug output during boot. When plugging in/out the USB cabe a cable detection message should be noticeable.

• Thank you for your help. As I said i´m a beginner.

The problem is solved by deleting all registry entries from the device center of my pc. Then update the kernel and everything runs. I don´t know exactly why.

• Hello Jans,

Then update the kernel and everything runs. ...

This does also set PicoCOMs registy to default. So it is also not clear if you had have the CEDB problem! If the problem occur again you should check CEDB for multiple entries.

• Please see this thread for details about this problem: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.fs-net.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2893">viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2893</a><!-- l -->
    Maybe one additional hint: We are offering a workshop that helps you to understand the basic setup of our modules. Maybe this might be interesting for you?
    See Workshop details on our website.

• You should see in the deubg output what the programm acutally does. Additionally in the refered post above the source code is also available. So you might have a look at this to get a deeper insight of this issue.