2D-Acceleration

• I now use XIPNKPC4_CORE_CF35_120416. In this version, is activated for me the first time, the 2D hardware acceleration. Now the LCD flickers at me sporadically, if contents are redrawn. In this short time the screen goes black. I turn off the acceleration, the screen no longer flickers. But after a restart, the acceleration is always enabled.

What can be wrong?
    Or how can I disable the 2D Bescheunigung permanently?

• Hello,
    "HKLM\drivers\display\lcd\accellevel=Dword:1" disables 2D HW acceleration.
    Did you try to use latest kernel?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

Code
    1. Reg open \drivers\display\lcd
    2. Reg set value AccelLevel dword 1
    3. Reg save

does really not work? Did you get any information about the AccelLevel by

Code
    1. Reg open \drivers\display\lcd
    2. Reg set value verbose dword 1
    3. Reg save

?

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• If i use verbose, i can see the following debug-info:

• Here is the part of the registry:

• Hello,
    you are right, it does not work there must be a bug in the display driver. We will rework this feature for the next kernel release.
    If it is possible for you, you can set color resolution to 8 BPP in the meanwhile. In this case no acceleration is used.

• No, sorry this kernel does not include the feature for set "AccelLevel".
    The feature is planned for the next release.

• Hello,
    best would be you wait for the new release please, i can not give you a fix date. If it is urgent contact our sales office.

You may try this http://www.forum.fs-net.de/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2655 (call ExtEscape). I did not test it on PicoCOM4!

Why the LCD flickers?

Because some acceleration features are buggy programed by the chip manufactor!