List all Storage-Devices and Partitions

• With the appended program you can list all Windows CE Storage Devices ("Stores") and their partitions.

Regards,

H. Keller

Files

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I think the user device name is stored as a file name in the root directory of the device, usually with some special attributes appended, marking this entry as device volume. You may find this name by searching the root directory with FindFirstFileEx() giving the appropriate attributes.

Regards,

H. Keller

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I found for WCE5.0 there is a function CeGetStoreInformation, but unfortunately it is neither available with WCE4.2 nor implemented at the NetDCU8.

What about the IOCTL_DISK_GET_STORAGEID ? Is it available for NetDCU8 and NetDCU6 ?

(what we are looking for is a simple way to protect files on an USB stick from being copied around and installed uncontrolledly, i.e. our update program should compare the stick identification with a file which contains the original one)

• Just to be curious: when the example at the beginning of this thread is run, it displays no less than five (!) different names:

For each store (taken from struct STOREINFO):

1. The DeviceName
    2. The StoreName

For each partition on the store (taken from struct PARTINFO)

3. The PartitionName
    4. The FilesysName
    5. The VolumeName

Do you say that none of them is the name of the USB memory stick as seen in the explorer on a standard Windows Desktop system? Then I must say I'm really out of ideas.

Regards,

H. Keller

• I named the stick "test" on my XP PC...cestorenames.exe reads the following (on a NetDCU8):