I received new NetDCU14 for upgrading NetDCU10 and it runs WinCE 7 by default.
I tried to flash an image with WinCE 6 from download area, but when connect USB cable and try to use NetDCuUSB loader my windows desktop can't not recognize USB device (using serial console "S" and "DU") and with NetDCU10 there is no problem instead.
Is there any option to flash new image to netDCU14? I never used ethernet option for this, but I read a programm called Eshell must be used and I don't have it.
Any suggestions ?
NetDCU14 uses USB High Speed, so the USB lines must be routed according to the USB High Speed routing guidelines.
Also pin 1 (VBUS) of the USD device connector must be connected to NetDCU14 J7 pin 25 (USBD Detect).
We cannot use finally USB for flashing NetDCU14 on our designed carrier (used with no problems with NetDCU10 instead)...
We finally was able to flash it using Eshell by ethernet, however, more USB problems appearing:
1) only USB mouse is detected, but other HW as pendrives or 4 port USB hub is not recognized by the NetDCU14 on our carrier
could be a USB carrier design problem with high speed peripherals? We'd like to discard SW or driver problems completely before to do future HW modification to our carrier.
2) We have tried to modify register as in NetDCU10 for using the second USB port as Host too (by default device), but register keys are a bit different here and dont know really how to do it, can you explain?
We have tested all combinations of CPUs and carriers boards for testing problem with USB port in new NetDCU14 (N14).
We used for it:
1) CPU NetDCU10 (N10)
2) CPU NetDCU14 (N14)
3) Carrier board STARTINF4 rev 1.00 from F&S
4) Carrier board by ourself, designed 2 years ago and used in our projects with N10 without problems.
These are the results:
1 + 4: no problems using USB as device or host, both modes work, and CPU can be flashed by USB without problem.
1 + 3: no problems using USB as device or host, both modes work, and CPU can be flashed by USB without problem.
2 + 4: USB device not working (desktop windows indicates USB device have a problem), we have to flash finally by Ethernet. After Wince 6 image running, then USB host running OK only with mouse, but not with pendrives.
2 + 3: USB device not working (desktop windows indicates USB device have a problem), we have to flash finally by Ethernet. After Wince 6 image running, then USB host running OK with both pendrives and mouses.
- Our carrier board seems to have some kind of problem with USB 2.0 devices, while with USB 1.1 seems to work. We are working on it.
- N14 have some kind of problem when booting with USB device functionality, could be the problem in Nboot or Eboot? which one implemented USB device functionality for flashing CPU by USB ?