[VDE:ERR] TVD0 Open Device Failed

• Hi!

I just evaluate the PicoMOD7A-ANC-WCE because PicoMOD3 is outdated.

On Startup the debug log it says: TVD0 open Device Failed.

How to solve this?
    By hdmicfg -HDMI off it can't be fixed.

HDMI isn't used, only a TFT RGB display is attached what is working normally.

With kernel 1.01 this doesn't happen. In the history of the kernel the TVOut driver isn't loaded since 1.02 if HDMI is not available.

The problem is that we use our own software and the explorer.exe isn't startet on boot. So the error message will stay forever in background.
    On normal boot with wince explorer.exe the error message pop up and getting automatically closed shortly.

• Hello,

can you please erase the registry and post the debug output. Does the problem disappear after erase registry.
    Can you also send me the output of bootloader command 'XI' before and after erase registry?

Many thanks.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Boot log before registry reset ('R'):

XI before registry clean:

Bootlog after registry clean:

XI after registry clean:

Boot log v1.01:

• Hello,
    thanks for your information above.
    Please update NBoot (V19) and EBoot (V110). This should resolve the problem.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I updated the picomod with 'ebootv210_110.nb0' and 'nbootv210_19.bin'.

But this didn't solve the problem:

• Sorry, it was my mistake i missunderstood!
    As a workararound you can remove HKLM\init\Launch120 (hdmicfg.exe). This should work. We will rework this issue and include the fix into the next kernel revision.