Downloading image to PicoComA5 - nothing works

• Trying to install a new kernel (CE6 instead of EC7) to my PicoComA5 and nothing works:
    Note: the board came with EC7 preinstalled

1) holding down shift+s does not enter the EBoot loader, instead it goes to NetDCU config utility
    2) holding down s does enter NBoot so I used that to download an EBoot image

Sidenote: how can I possibly know if I should follow the instructions in the PDF file "Update instructions for F&S Vybrid based boards." to update NBoot and EBoot???
    Just so confusing!!

3) Now entering EBoot works so I type du only to get

:> du
    BLUsbDownload() not implemented yet
    EbootUSBReadData() not implemented yet

Unable to read image signature.
    HALT Reason=0xFFFFFFF8
    ERROR: not a BIN file
    ERROR !!!!
    Disable AUTO BOOT
    Reboot system and correct bootloader settings
    SpinForever...
    +msWait: 1ms
    +msWait: 0ms
    +msWait: 0ms

It tells me to disable AUTOBOOT but how do I do that?

4) So I tried 'de' and EShell, no surprises there: didn't work at all, nothing happened in EShell

When installing the PicoCom3 some year ago it was exactly the same: nothing worked, the documentation was never really correct, only with the help of this board did I get everything running. And now the same thing again - why does it have to be so hard just to get the board ready for development??

Regards,
    Dag

• Dear F&S Elektronik Systeme

I would very much appreciate a reply to this topic since I'm currently stuck. I find it quite strange that you market a new board and then provide so little support for the problems some, like me, will have.

Regards,
    Dag Hovden

BLUsbDownload() not implemented yet
    EbootUSBReadData() not implemented yet

as you can see USB download is not yet available in your EBOOT, so you have to download with Ethernet.
    Please provide the EBOOT output if it doesn't work.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.