Questions about the PICOCOMA5

• Hello,

I've done some projects with the PICOCOM4 and now I'm testing the new PICOCOMA5 and I've got some questions about it.

- The PICOCOMA5 consumes too much power compared with the PICOCOM4 (650mW vs 1100 mW). Can you give me some hints to reduce power consumption?

- I have a LED connected to the IO13 of the PICOCOM4. Using the same wiring with the PICOCOMA5 the LED responds to the IO12. Is there some difference between the IO connections on the two boards?

- How can I define the SD card detection pin?

• Hello,

- The PICOCOMA5 consumes too much power compared with the PICOCOM4 (650mW vs 1100 mW). Can you give me some hints to reduce power consumption?

I meassure the same. Please contact <!-- e --><a href="mailto:support@fs-net.de">support@fs-net.de</a><!-- e -->, we will check options internally. Which interfaces do you deploy?

- I have a LED connected to the IO13 of the PICOCOM4. Using the same wiring with the PICOCOMA5 the LED responds to the IO12. Is there some difference between the IO connections on the two boards?

You are using HW REV1.2(0/2)? I checked it, this is a SW bug (ID2205), we will fix it in the next kernel revision.

- How can I define the SD card detection pin?

In general SD Card is detect by CD detect pin (pin12) now. But I think on older baseboards customers did not connect this pin to the sd slot. So we provide an SW option for detection similar to PC3/4:
    Reg open \drivers\builtin\sdmmc_ch2
    REM UseCardAvailable -> don’t use CD pin if 1
    Reg set value UseCardAvailable dword 1
    REM CardAvailable=1, card have to be already inserted than you can access. 0 -> Card not accessable
    Reg set value CardAvailable dword 1
    Reg save

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

Code
    1. Also, I have checked that the RTS/CTS for the serial port doesn't work correctly ...

Yes this feature should already work for COM1: and COM2: since kernel revision 1.03 and HW revision 1.10. Else it is a bug in the driver and we have to rework it asp.
    Which COM do you use?
    Did you set DCB::fRtsControl = RTS_CONTROL_HANDSHAKE?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.