No ETH connection in state ScreenOff

• Hello,

after switching the screen of the efusA9 off no ETH connection is possible. This behavior is identical for “pm set ScreenOff”, “display power off” and “SetSystemPowerState(POWER_STATE_IDLE)”. (“SetSystemPowerState(POWER_STATE_USERIDLE)” seems to have no effect.)
    If “pm set On” is called via debug COM port or an USB connection is established in state ScreenOff, the device awakes and ETH works again.

How can we keep ETH working in state ScreenOff?

Additional question:
    I’ve tried to change some entries in the registry related to the power management like [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\ScreenOff]\Flags but after a reboot these entries are overwritten again. ("reg save" has been called.) The “persistent” values can’t neither be found in the efusA9 WEC7 image nor the BSP.

Is there any documentation about this hidden functionality?

Best regards,
    Steffen

• Hello

you are right some values may be hard coded this is neccessary when you need this values in oal. Also values placed boot hive can't be overwritten. And sorry, we have no documentation about this values until now. We use this rarely - only in a very early boot stage while registry is not accessable.

Try to remove value for "Powermanageable NDIS miniports" HKLM\System\CurrentControlset\Contol\Power\Interfaces". Think the Device Manager reads this list.
    *Or*
    specify for {98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006} a "state" under " HKLM\System\CurrentControlset\Contol\Power\State\XXX" which differs from D4.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

thank you for the information. The second proposal works fine.
    (I’ve not tried the first one because I want to keep ETH power manageable e.g. when going into Suspend state.)

Best regards,
    Steffen