GUI-Programming with VS2015, SDK for MX6 and armStoneA5

• Hi

I want to develope an application on armStoneA5 with a modern graphic user interface (GUI).
    Graphic user interfaces in Visual Studio are based to MFC or WPF. I think MFC is not realy modern.
    Is it possible to programm graphic user interfaces with WPF, the SDK FSIMX6SX_WEC2013_VS2015_SDK_160513 and the armStoneA5 Boards?

• Hello,

BSP may be used to build your own image using the "C8GE" kernel this step is *not* required!

>> Where can I get the BSP?
    << At our download area, password you got on request by mail
    >> Is there documentaion for using BSP?
    << No , we suppose that you confirm with MS platform builder. There is no support from our side!

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello again

Thanks for the informative conversation on the phone.
    You said that we can build our own application (free gui design) for Windows Embedded Compact 2013 with XAML for Windows Embedded Compact (msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/ee502198.aspx).
    What do we need for this?
    - Visual Studio 2015
    - Application Builder for Windows Embedded Compact 2013
    - SDK for armStoneA5 and Visual Studio 2015 (not available in the moment) or Visual Studio 2013 with the actual SDK (FSVYBRID_WEC2013_SDK_V1.2.msi)
    - kernel "C8GE" (XIPVYB_C8GE_V2.5_160526.bin)
    Anything else? Do we need any other developer tools from microsoft? Is the kernel "C8GE" neccessary for building applications, or is it only neccessary for build our own OS (kernel)?
    We prefere to build only our own application, not a OS (kernel). Do we need the BSP for this?

Thanks in advance.

• Hello,
    if you would like to build the XAML application only, you need following:
    - Visual Studio 20XX with matching Application Builder with XAML Tools installed (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj556178.aspx).
    - Designer Tool: Expression Blend for Visual Studio (may be included in Visual Studio 20XX)
    - SDK for Visual Studio 20XX
    - C8GE Kernel installed on your device

Third and fourth component are from F&S. At the timer we have only SDK for VS2013. So you can start working under VS2013. We try to built SDK for VS2015 until KW29/2016 then you can also use VS2015.

Attached a very very simple VS2013 XAML Project (which should be converable to VS2015) just to show you the structure.

Files

• XAMLTEST.zip

(2.78 MB, downloaded 764 times, last: )

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

Edited 2 times, last by fs-support_ZU ().

• Hello

if you would like to build the XAML application only, you need following:
    - Visual Studio 20XX with matching Application Builder with XAML Tools installed (msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj556178.aspx).

Where can we get the XAML Tools? Are these included in the Windows Embedded Compact 2013 Toolkit?

Thanks for the help.

• Hello,
    the tools are available by "Windows Embedded Compact 2013 installer" a VS20xx installation is not sufficent, ask your Microsoft-Distributor https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj556178.aspx.
    I don't know details about the different available license but i assume "Toolkit" (Platform Builder ,... ) is included in such a license (even if you don't need it:().

Edited once, last by fs-support_ZU ().