u-boot fw_printenv

• With fsimx6 release 1.2, u-boot fw_printenv was working.
    Now with newer ifsmx6 releases (i configure mtdparts, ifsmx6 headers, etc) seems to not work anymore.
    This is very important for us to write u-boot parameters from userspace, did somebody have some information/used it properly in recent versions?
    The only thing i can assure is that mtd-utils is working fine and flash data can be dumped correctly, but i think some bug on fw_printenv tool is occuring.

• Please see also the other thread. You must not mix versiosn of NBoot, U-Boot and Linux. In fsimx6-V2.0 we implemented a completely new NAND access, which is not compatible to the previous version. So if you use Linux kernel and root filesystem based on fsimx6-V1.x release, you must use old NBoot (<=VN17) and old U-Boot. New NBoot and U-Boot are only possible if you use software based on fsimx6-V2.0 or newer. If you use the correct versions, then also the fw_printenv will work again. If you use different versions, then U-Boot will not understand the environment data that Linux has written to NAND flash and vice versa.

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.