Problems with resitive touch

• We are increasingly getting complaints from our customers that the touch often gives wrong results. So my question, do you know the problem and if so, how can we improve that? We use the PicoCOMA5 with the Windows 7 CE operating system. Attached is a screenshot of a small test application. In this application, the incorrect results of touches are recorded. In this example the button was pressed 200 times. This resulted in 16 incorrect measurements! Advanced info: We use a 5.7 inch Display "URT UMSH8227MD" and a resitive 4 wire touch.

• Hello,

to get an event from an ordinary button a WM_DOWN and WM_UP from inside the buttom area is required. It would be also interesting which events fail and how far is the distance from the buttons border in this case.

I do not await that the driver does any mistakes because it gets ready-made values from the SX controler.

Does recalibration helps?

Any EMV sources near the touch or SX chip?

I will also check if there are any registers inside the SX which may bring improvments and come back here.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

use latest device dirver document "play around" with the values, ZXMin/MaxBound(, PNDTPullUp, SetDelay, AdcReadHoldoffHns, ...) . Use also the SX data sheet. Assume a touch dection while low pressure delivers wrong values.

PS: check also if these values are already implemented in your resent touch driver version ("debug=4" should output the settings during boot on the debug line).

Hope this helps.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Thanks, for your help.

I have implemented your suggestion and set the debug switch to 4. Unfortunately, I can not find any settings for the driver in the output.

See the attached output file and my registry settings.

• Hello,

and sorry, you are right! I saw that this debug feature and also debug zones are disabled in the current driver. So please try the attached one. It is the latest version. Copy it to ffsdisk and change register value "DLL" to "ffsdisk\...".

Files

• Hello,

already with the default settings of the new driver the problem of the wrong evaluations seems to be solved.

Nevertheless, I will extend my test program for the touch driver and try different settings.

Thanks for the support.

• Hello,

thanks for this information. Would be intersting to compare the SX default register settings with the one loaded by the driver.

• Hello,

Ok, I have made a debug output and I am surprised about the line "touch driver can't be loaded. Check touch driver registry settings." !

Please have a look at my settings. Neverless, if I put in the command: <device enum> the touchdriver will displayed as activated.

• Hello,

if the touch works you can ignore this output. it has definetly nothing to do with the origin problem. Maybe it is caused by the amount of debug output which takes some more time.

You can increase the timeout under HKLM\System\gwe\touchproxi\driverloadtimeoutms=DWORD:<timeout in ms>.