we have at least 2 efusA9 Boards with the WEC 2013 V1.80 Firmware which experienced problems with the I²C (NI2C) after a long (probably several weeks) runtime.
Boards with V2.30 and newer have not yet shown such behavior. We are using I2C_B with no IRQ but write and read (with repeated start condition).
There are several Issues concerning NI2C (FSiMX6 Changelog.txt):
- 0003298: [NI2C] Setting values of drive strength and pull up doesn't work - resolved
- 0003294: [NI2C] Bus toggle doesn't work correctly if it is lock up - resolved
- 0003074: [NI2C] Repeated start does not work - resolved
- 0003040: [NI2C] Sometimes occurs an exception while boot process - resolved
- 0002935: [NI2C] efusA9: I2C_B_IRQ is configured as output - resolved
My question is: Are these issues addressing problems which may occur after a long runtime?
Here is a snippet how we use the driver: