UART C on efusA9X with on board WLAN/BT

• Dear Support Team,

We have efusA9X boards with on board WLAN/BT module. We are not using BT, so we have disabled support for it in BSP, and tried to use UART C to interface RS485 port on our hardware. After modification in BSP, I am able to open COM port related to UART C, I can even send the data from program on this COM port and read it on our RS485 port, so sending data is working. The problem is I cannot read data on UART C.

Please tell me if this configuration is possible and, if it is, what should I do to make reading possible?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Miodrag Bazdar

• Dear Miodrag Bazdar,

we have to check options. With your current HW it is not possible. I will come back asp.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Dear Miodrag Bazdar,

unfortunatly it is not possible to use UART C if WLAN/BT chip is assembled, even if you deactivate BT.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• One more thing, please.

What is the meaning of registry value RS485 (REG_DWORD) in driver for Serial I/O (UART)?

Is RTS_CONTROL_TOGGLE flow control supported by serial driver on efusA9X? Our RS485 interface is using three lines: Rx, Tx and RTS which is used to select direction of data transmission.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Miodrag Bazdar

• Hello,

>> Is RTS_CONTROL_TOGGLE flow control supported

<< Yes, this should work.

>> At first view seems there is a bug in the driver: RTC and CTS are interchanged!

I can check it in detail next week.

• Dear Support Team,

I am not sure I understand you. You say RTS_CONTROL_TOGGLE should work, but there is a bug in the driver. It cannot work then, right? Or you meant to say it will work, but it will drive CTS line instead of RTS?

Best regards,

Miodrag Bazdar

• Dear Miodrag Bazdar,

sorry for confusion.

>>Or you meant to say it will work, but it will drive CTS line instead of RTS?

<< Yes, your assumtion is right, that is what i meant. At a first view it looks like CTS is configured as output and RTS as input! A try is it worth.