F&S i.MX8MM FreeRTOS Release V2021.07
We have uploaded a new FreeRTOS version for all boards and modules based on the i.MX8MM CPU to our server, i.e. the fsimx8mm architecture: PicoCoreMX8MM. This release is running on all platforms of this architecture at the same time.
This is a maintenance release. The release consists of the following file:
This is the main release itself containing all sources, the binary images, the required NBoot version 2021.07, the documentation, examples and the toolchain.
This tar archive is compressed with bzip2. So to see the files, you first have to unpack the archives
This will create a directory freertos-fsimx8mm-V2021.07 that contains all the files of the release.
Please install the required NBoot version 2021.07 (included in this release) or higher.
For any questions regarding the usage of the examples please refer to the document doc/FreeRTOS_on_FSiMX8MM_Boards.pdf. It lists the purpose of all files and shows how to install and use everything.
Additionally we added a porting_readme.txt file located in the not_tested directory. This file contains brief information about the examples which are currently not portable.
Release Notes freertos-fsimx8mm-V2021.07
The following list shows the most noticable changes in this release in more detail. Please note that the source code is also used for other platforms. This is why you might also find references to other CPU types and F&S boards here in the changelog.
Supported boards: PicoCoreMX8MM
Not tested: efusA9X, PicoCOMA9X, PicoCoreMX6SX, PicoCoreMX7ULP
- Original NXP MCUXpresso SDK_2.9.1_MIMX8MM6xxxLZ
- [fsimx8mm]: Remove spaces from examples of architecture fsimx8mm
- [fsimx8mm]: Fix compilation errors of architecture fsimx8mm
- [fsimx8mm]: Add pwm, freertos_i2c and hardware_flow_control example
- [fsimx8mm]: Improve examples for F&S hardware
- [fsimx8mm]: Improve build process for F&S hardware
- [fsimx8mm]: Change RPMsg base addresses, add porting_readme.txt
- [fsimx8mm]: Improve PWM and hardware_flow_control example. Fix prepare.sh
- [fsimx8mm]: Move gpt_capture example to not_tested
- [fsimx8mm]: Add entry to porting_readme.txt and fix code in freertos_i2c.c
- new toolchain gcc-arm-none-eabi-9-2020-q2-update-x86_64-linux.tar.bz2
- Updated version 1.1 of FreeRTOS_on_FSiMX8MM_Boards.pdf
Your F&S Support Team