Grafik/ Starter-Kit

• Good morning,

I am interested in using PicoCore with i.MX 93 processor for a Qt user interface project. In recent projects, i.MX 6 DualLite was used on eFus A9 board. However, I am unsure about the graphics acceleration (PXP) on the i.MX 93. Does it support openGL? The Qt application shall be rendered on an embedded Linux device using EGLFS, which is the recommended rendering methodology according to the Qt Documentation.

A second question would be: Is it possible to supply the electronic circuit diagram for the carrier board of a PicoCore i.MX 93 Starter Kit? It would help us in investigating efforts for layout changes in our current display PCB.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Bjørn Keohane

• Hello,

the i.MX 93 does not support hardware acceleration for OpenGL. The Pixel Pipeline (PXP) only provides hardware acceleration for basic 2D conversion, e.g. scaling, color space conversion, rotation and composite alpha blending and color key.

These functions are provided for the G2D driver and will be called for the usage of Wayland/Weston.

Your F&S Support Team

• OpenGL-Support is available on all our i.MX8-PicoCores: PicoCoreMX8MM, PicoCoreMX8MN and PicoCoreMX8MP.

On the i.MX9 series, 3D-GPU support will be available on later variants like the i.MX95 as you can see here:

https://www.nxp.com/products/p…rocessors:IMX9-PROCESSORS

These CPUs will not be available before the end of 2024.

Your F&S Support Team

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello and thank you for the rapid answer.

So far I understood that 2D-rendering a graphical interface on i.MX 93 graphics using Qt Quick/ QML is possible using Wayland/Weston as display manager.

Regarding the PCB layout for the PicoCore i.MX 93 Starter Kit: I assume, it is only accessible once the kit has been purchased?

Best regards,

BJørn Keohane

• As far as I know, the Starter Kit for PicoCoreMX93 will be exactly the same as for the other PicoCores. So on our Website, you can go to Products->PicoCore, select PicoCoreMX8MP for example and then go to tab "Documents", then you can view/download the schematics for the BBDSI baseboard used in our Starter Kits.

Your F&S Support Team

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• We have updated the website, the baseboard documents are now also available under PicoCoreMX93.

Your F&S Support Team