PROBLEM:Length with video cable on NETDCU 8

• Hello, I’m developing a equipment with NETDCU 8.0. My equipment consists in a NETDCU8.0 with a TFT panel separate. (OPTREX CMOS TFT 6.5)

Now, I’m doing a prototype and I have problems with TFT and video cable. The problem is that if the cable is long the TFT doesn’t see well if the imput voltage (5V) on CPU is correct and if put the imput voltage is less (4.2V) then the TFT see well.

The configuration of my prototype is NETDCU with TFT (LCD voltage =5V ). The distance o cable between CPU and TFT is 50cm. This cable have a DB37 in the middle to connect and disconnect the TFT panel.

I have seen in another post that the maximum length of cable in NETDCU 8.0 and CMOS TFT is 30cm. Is this true? Is there any solution to have a CMOS TFT and 50cm or 60cm of cable in a NETDCU8.0.

If there isn’t any solution with CMOS TFT, and I have to use a NetDCU-ADP/LVDS1, what differences in the quality of picture of TFT there are.

I need a quickly response because I have to do the first serie and I don’t know how to solve the problem.

Thanks a lot

• - Set the display voltage to 3.3V, the datasheet for all of the 6.5" OPTREX TFT displays says 3.3V or 5V.
    - Don't use additional connectors between NetDCU and display.

The length of the cable depends on the quality of the cable and connectors, your EMC requirements, pixel clock, and on your display.
    There is no exact maximum length of the cabel.

For more than 30cm cable length you should use an LVDS solution.
    The quality is the same, since LVDS does not alter the display signals.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.