I2S, I2C, Ethernet, AI, USB, RS232 doubts

• Hello,

I have some doubts about NetDCU10.

- Audio codec I2S:

Which is the connector to use audio codec I2S? Which pins in this connector?
    How is to use this from software? Standard API from Windows?

- Bus I2C:

Which is the top transfer speed of the board? (400Kb/s – 3.4Mb/s).
    How can I access this resource from my application? Is a driver available? Where are the pins to use this? (NetDCU8 Connector J5, Pin 10 (SDA) and Pin 11 (SCL)).

- Ethernet Chip:

Is this IC protected against ESD?
    If the answer for the previous question is negative, do you have any validated connector for this purpose?
    If the answer for the previous question is affirmative, which are the real protection levels against ESD?

- AI

Which is the top sampling frequency?
    Which are the max. and min. entry levels?
    Which is the ADC resolution?

- USB Chip:

Is this IC protected against ESD?
    Should I incorporate an extra IC against ESD in this connector?

- RS-232:

Which are the top transfer speeds for these ports?
    Work these three ports in EIA-232 tension levels?
    Is possible to use the third port in logic levels V.24/V.28?

Thank you very much in advance for your quick answers.

Best regards,

Jose MATA
    IFR Automotive

• - Audio codec I2S:
    Audio is on J7

Pin 1: LineOut-L
    Pin 2: LineOut-R
    Pin 3: GND
    Pin 4: LineIn-L
    Pin 5: LineIn-R
    Pin 6: GND
    Pin 7: MicIn
    Pin 8: MicGND

access is via standard WinCE WAVE API

- Bus I2C:
    Transfer speed is 400Kb/s max.
    Pins are the same as NetDCU8.
    If driver is not included on the CD you must ask sales for quote.

- Ethernet Chip:
    There is no extra protection against ESD on the NetDCU.
    For schematic examples for connection to connector and ESD protection level see Davicom DM9000 documentation

- AI
    ADC is 10 bit resolution with 500 ksamples/s
    Voltage range is 0-3.3V

- USB Chip:
    On NetDCU10 the USB-signals are protected against ESD.
    You can add extra ESD protection devices at the connector if the capacitance is not to high.

- RS-232:
    Maximum speed is 115.2k.
    Drivers are RS-232F and ITU V.28 compliant.
    It is possible to use the ports on J5 and J7 with logic level.
    Ask sales for details and qoute.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello Again,

Sorry but there are some questions that aren’t completely clear, thus in the following paragraph I attached some questions for clarifying whole my doubts :

1- Related to I2S bus: Apologies me, but I think that the bus I2S is a digital audio bus which signals are:

- MCLK

- SData

- WS

Thus from your answer I understand that the audio peripheral in NET_DCU10 are analog audio signals. It’s right?

Furthermore, if NET_DCU10 only have analogical audio signals, could you give the technical specifications of the audio signals. ( Voltage (p-p), power to drive,…).

2- Related to Ethernet ESD protection: Which are the level protection against ESD, provided by the NETDCU? .

2kV is required in our application, thus if NETDCU doesn’t provide this protection we need to integrate an ESD chip protection.

3- Related to RS-232: I understand that the signal level in all the three RS-232 ports are EIA-232 levels (+/- 24V), not logical levels; isn’t it?

Is to much important receive your answer as soon as possible, because if NETDCU10 only have analogical audio signals, thus implies to modify our hardware design.

We are looking to hearing form you,

Best regards,

Jose MATA
    IFR Automotive

• 1. Audio is analog only, level is standard line level 1Vp-p. See starter kit documentation on CD for schematics. The codec on the NetDCU10 has I2S interface to the processor.

2. Ethernet has no ESD protection, you have to protect the lines.

3. RS232 output level is typical +/- 6V, minimum +/- 5V as required by standard. You can have TTL level on request. Please contact sales for details.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.