Change the vertical frequency of the Standard-VGA-Out?

• Hello!

I am using a NetDCU 5.2 with VGA-Out and a TFT-Monitor connected to it.
    In order to use the display-mode 640x480, I set the registry-value "Mode" in the key "\Drivers\Display\SMIVGX" to "0".
    Everthing works fine, but the vertical frequency of this display setting is 57,1 Hz (it's not 60 Hz or something "normal").

Because of that 57,1 Hz, 1 out of 3 monitors I tested showed no picture and quitted with the message "Frequency Out of Range".

Is it possible to change the picture-frequency in the registry or within the WindowsCE Control-Panel?

Greetings,
    Stefan Z.

• You can try to reduce the values of BFW/EFW (begin/end of frame wait) or BLW/ELW (begin/end of line wait) a little bit. For example install a new mode with the same settings as mode 0 and change one of the values and try again.

I recommend only to change one value at a time and only in small steps or maybe you won't see a picture on the screen at all anymore.

Best regards,

H. Keller

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• If you look into the directory "DisplaySettings52" on your starter kit CD, there you'll have all the required settings. Change the desired value and send the file to a NDCUCFG connection on the NetDCU (in DCUTerm: File->Send Text File)

Regards,

H. Keller

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello Mr. Keller!
    Thank you a lot for your answers. I used the settings for "Common TFT2" and changed BLW and ELW values. Now after a while of testing and changing, I have an excellent picture with exactly 60.0 Hz vertical frequency. I will post the values as soon as I have the time to.
    Regards,
    Stefan Zettl