Problems with touch panel calibration

• Hi all,

I have serious problems to calibrate a touch panel, that is connected to a netDCU8. It is a 5,7'' 4-wire-panel. I can start the calibration software and it registers my touches, because the cross is moving. But the calibration process never stops, although I have repeated it many times. When I try to hit gui elements without calibration, I can see, that the hits will be registered quite accurate on the left side of the screen. The more I move to the right, the worse it is getting.

I have already replaced the touch panel - the same story.

So where is the mistake?

1. Do I have to configure the touch panel in the registry
    2. Is it possible, that I have misconnected the panel to the NetDCU8, especially when you keep the behaviour in mind, as derscribed above?

Thanks in advance,
    Mate Jovic

• Hello,

I think you have mixed the X and Y signals. Normally you must not make additional registry settings for this size (5,7").
    To check your connection, you can set the registry value Debug to 0x10 under registry key [HKLM\hardware\devicemap\touch].

Code
    1. reg open \Hardware\Devicemap\Touch
    2. reg set val Debug dword 16
    3. reg save
    4. reboot

Hope this helps

Holger

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I read your answer to jovic with the touch panel calibration problem.
    I have a 6.4" 4-wire resistive touch and I have the same problem that t jovic. I have tried all wire combinations (X and Y) and we had the same results. Any idea ?

Thanks in advance,

Oscar

• Sometimes the backlight inverter adds noise to the analog touch signals. So the touchpanel driver never gets a stable signal. So no calibration is possible.
    Try the calibration with the inverter disabled when pressing the touchscreen or put the touchpanel away from the display (away from inverter and lamp).

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Now, we are testing NetDCU8, but before we use the same LCD and touch we another board and it works fine. I think that is not a noise problem.

Oscar.

Quote from "Baeder"

Sometimes the backlight inverter adds noise to the analog touch signals. So the touchpanel driver never gets a stable signal. So no calibration is possible.
    Try the calibration with the inverter disabled when pressing the touchscreen or put the touchpanel away from the display (away from inverter and lamp).

• Hello,
    are you shure that you have the same problems ?
    What happens if you calibrate the touch screen ?
    Do you see the arrows ?
    Can you finish calibration with success ?
    Do you save your calibration settings before rebooting the device ?

You see, a lot of questions. Please give us more input.
    Regards
    Holger