Posts by hwmbabe

I am currently trying to get a 2.6.28.7 running on the NetDCU, but after U-Boot uncompressed the Kernel-Image, nothing happens:

Starting Kernel...

and the system seems to hang up at this point. Is there any critical difference in the boot-sequence between the the 2.6.19 from BSP1.1 and the newer version?

Regards,
    Patrick

Hi guys,

I am currently trying to enable Real-Time-Support on my NetDCU10-Board, but with a lot of problems remaining so far... I used Kernel 2.6.19 included in BSP1.1, which has been patched and configured by me (patch and .config included in the BSP) and is currently working perfectly. After this I tried to get Xenomai 2.3.1 (for 2.6.19) with Adeos-Patch ARM 2.6.19 1.70 running with the configured kernel, which compiled well (all features, skins etc. built in the kernel) but isn't working correctly: "dmesg" tells me that the Xenomai-Domain has been registered by I-pipe and the Xenomai-Services have been started, but I cannot run any (i.e. trivial_periodic) of the Xenomai-Examples. They fail with "Xenomai or XENO_OPT_PERVASIVE disabled". Does anyone have experiences with emlix/Xenomai? A working kernel/.config?

There is another problem with the plug-n-play of USB-Devices and SD-Cards: The system hangs up immediately and just a hardware-reset helps me out of this. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Regards,
    Patrick

All necessary modules are available, but for example the modules.dep is missing in the kernel-directory, so I am not able to run instmod or anything else. How to generate these files?

Thanks for your response! I had a look at the modules that were included in the kernel and added the missing files. After re-flashing the NAND (with a previous erase of the target area) the error has gone, but there are still other errors:

Loading I2C-Drivers...
    FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.19-BSP1.1/modules.dep: No such file or directory
    FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.19-BSP1.1/modules.dep: No such file or directory
    Loading USB-Stick-Drivers...
    Loading SD-Card-Drivers...
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_dir_empty
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_fs_panic
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_get_dotdot_entry
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_free_clusters
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_scan
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_date_unix2dos
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_getattr
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_attach
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_build_inode
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_fill_super
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_alloc_new_dir
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_notify_change
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_remove_entries
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_add_entries
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_sync_inode
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_flush_inodes
    msdos: Unknown symbol fat_detach
    insmod: error inserting '/lib/modules/2.6.19-BSP1.1/kernel/fs/msdos/msdos.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module
    mapped channel 0 to 0
    mmci-s3c2440: probe: mapped sdi_base=c5000000 irq=37
    mmci-s3c2440: Card detect timer is activated...
    mmci-s3c2440: initialisation done.
    mmcblk0: mmc0:d75d SD01G 1006080KiB
    mmcblk0: p1
    Mounting SD-Card...
    mount: mounting /dev/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed

I executed mktargetfs and mkubootkernel (the kernel is the one from the BSP) and flashed them to NAND via USB-Stick. Did I forget anything?

Regards,
    Patrick

EDIT: all the modules... files are missing in the kernel-directory, but how to generate them?

After generating a fresh targetfs for another NetDCU-Board and copying it via USB to the NAND-Flash, I received lots of error-messages during the booting of emlix:

jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x00c54000: 0x600d instead

Did I forget some Kernel-Modules or anything else?

Regards,
    Patrick

Thanks a lot! That works for me fine:

Code
    1. # date +%d%m%Y -s "03112009"
    2. # date +%T -s "12:48:30"
    3. # date
    4. Wed Mar 11 12:48:31 UTC 2009
    5. # hwclock --systohc

After setting the correct system-time and writing it to hwclock, you only need to load the time on system-boot (hwclock --hctosys).

Regards,
    Patrick

Hi guys,

I am having a strange problem with my NetDCU-Board: While running my program based on nano-X, the system is freezing sometimes for a short moment (up to one second) and then continuing normally until the next timeout (not periodical). All processes running have a total cpu utilization of about 80-90 percent. Is that the problem or are there any other hints for solving the problem?

Thx,
    Patrick

Hi again,

I wonder if it is possible to make my NetDCU-Board automatically mount the USB-Stick I plug in. At the moment I added the following entry to the etc/fstab, but without any success:

/dev/sda1 /usbstick auto users,sync 0 0

I still need to run a manual mount after plugging the USB-Stick into the system:

mount -t auto /dev/sda1 /usbstick

Any suggestions?

Regards,
    Patrick

Quote from "jcollazo"

hwclock command fails when I try to set the time:
    # hwclock --hctosys
    hwclock: settimeofday() failed: Invalid argument

I am having the same problem, is there any solution yet?

Patrick

Hi Gunther,

I had a look at my BSP and found all the modules you mentioned above. So copying the files to the expected directories on the NetDCU is enough to run a simple modprobe and use the SD-Card?

Thanks! :)

Patrick

The following drivers are missing in my emlix:

.../kernel/fs/msdos/msdos.ko
    .../kernel/fs/ext2/ext2.ko
    .../kernel/drivers/mmc/core/mmc_core.ko
    .../kernel/drivers/mmc/card/mmc_block.ko
    .../kernel/drivers/mmc/host/s3cmci.ko

Do I need to compile a completely new kernel?

Regards,
    Patrick

I am trying to mount the bundled 1 GB SD-Card under emlix, but without any success up to this point in time. When I plug in the card on the NetDCU-Board, nothing happens (dmesg doesn´t show any changes). What modules are needed to use the SD-Card, do I need to install additional drivers for the SD-Card-Slot?