Posts by criminala

Maybe someone is interested in how to do this .
    I am running a netdcu8 ARM , with windows CE 5.0 .

What i wanted to do is log when the device reboots (sometimes unexpected) .
    Therefore the time and date need to be correct . After a reboot time lags behind + date is reset to 1/1 . So i needed to sync the time and date , then log the reboot in a file .

Step 1 :
    add explorer.exe in the registry as startup in \init .
    depend 3c,00 .

Step 2 :
    add \FFSDISK\TOOLS\ to the path registry in \loader

Step 3 :
    Download and install SP timesync 2.3 from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.spdialer.com/">http://www.spdialer.com/</a><!-- m --> .
    Copy the .exe file to \FFSDISK\TOOLS
    Make a reboot.bat and put it in \FFSDISK\Startup
    this is the contents of reboot.bat :

Code
    1. start timesync.exe
    2. ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 -w 1000 > \FFSDISK\NUL
    3. pv -k explorer.exe
    4. date /t >> \ffsdisk\tools\reboot.txt
    5. ping 127.0.0.1 -n 1 -w 1000 > \FFSDISK\NUL
    6. time /t >> \ffsdisk\tools\reboot.txt

first line is to start the timesync application in a separate console
    timesync needs explorer to be active to start , so since it's started now we can close explorer .
    after that write date and time to a file .
    timesync.exe stays active after that and makes sure the time and date are always correct . I have set the application to automatically update every minute .

If someone needs more info , or wants to add a different method or has suggestions .. you're welcome .

Regards ,

Maybe my info gives you some insight , maybe not . This is from my own config .

for depend i always use 3c,00 .
    I would also give explorer.exe a depend .
    never use spaces in the path .. I always get in trouble with them .
    Also do not use the full path to point to a file . Make sure the file is in a PATH directory .
    The PATH directories can be found in the registry under \loader . the value is a multi (!!) string , and values can be separated by ; (change it trough command line , NOT trough GUI as GUI tends to change the value to a normal string instead of multistring) . Again , do not use spaces here .

What is the procedure for updating ? Which software should be used ?

Can the bootloader update cause a problem with CAN/usb/network connections ?