Posts by koppel

I'm interested in migration of my project from PicoCOM2 to PicoCOM4. Can I use my Starter Kit from PicoCOM2 and just buy pack of 10 PicoCOM4 computers? Is it possible to get access to update ftp page without buying new SK?

Is there any hardware difference I should have to know?

We have lost our MAC address in PicoCOM2 after flashing newest bootloader and partitioning the FLASH without reboot.

This is what we get in terminal after booting:

Code
    1. Windows CE ethernet MAC address not set.
    2. Enter WindowsCE MAC address (actual ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff):

Where could we find the oryginal MAC? Could you send us it back if we have send you serial no. from the PCB sticker?

We have written software where we are using graphic buttons. Of course, windows CE does not have graphic buttons build in. So we have to create our own control based on generic Control Class. The problem is now that when somebody click on that control, there is a moment, about 0.25-0.5 second, when whole interface hangs. It is really stressful for operator.
    We was trying to turn off redrawing methods, to check if there is some problem with speed there, but even when control is not redraft, there is still interface hang after pressing the control.

We was also testing openNetCF, Button2 control, but the result is the same:
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.opennetcf.com/Products/SmartDeviceFramework/tabid/65/Default.aspx">http://www.opennetcf.com/Products/Smart ... fault.aspx</a><!-- m -->
    When we are using normal buttons, there is not a problem. Did you meet problem like this? Is there any solution?

The interface does not have to be extremely reactive. But it is very annoying that it does not remember user "clicks" when it hangs. I mean, if I am using software keyboard, and choice 12345 quite fast, it just react for 1 3 and 5.

We are working on some program where we use COM2 for driving RS485 module. The board is ready, but it seems that there is no support for RTS line by driver. We can change the state of the line by using:

Code
    1. EscapeCommFunction(m_hPort, CLRRTS);

or

Code
    1. EscapeCommFunction(m_hPort, SETRTS);

But when we try to configure the TOGGLE_RTS mode, the RTS line stays high all the time:

The same code on "big" PC works fine, so it looks that there is something what we do not know about PicoCOM2 Serial driver.