Posts by GKollmann

I have to apologise my start posting.

The problem is not the PicocomA7, it's just our application software which wont work as expected.

The aplay/arecord runs fine when using the correct parameter.

We must checkout the difference between PicocomA5 and A7 ALSA regarding settings and fix our software.

Sorry for trouble - best regards.

Hello

I started checking the PicocomA7 modul on the evaluation board for some basic tests.

One part was the audio output and input which failed due to a very low volume.

Using arecord and an external audio source seems to be ok.

Running aplay with a well known wave file shows nearly nothing on the output pins.

As it's the same audio codec like the PicocomA5 may be its the same issue like it was few years ago.

See Audio output low volume

Best regards

Hi @all

I tried to access external hardware over the SPI bus.
    Using /dev/spidev0.0

Running a lightly modified spi_test.c let some strange timing diagram appear on the logic analizer.

8 bits/word sending 3 bytes give not 3*8*2 baud: I expected the clock would be:
    CS0 10000000000000000000000001
    byte: 111111112222222233333333
    clock 010101010101010101010101

The LA shows:
    CS0 1000000000000000000001111
    byte: 111111122222223333333xxx
    clock 101010110101011010101xxx

I use gpio 41 as CS0 which is assigned in the structure spi_ioc_transfer.pad

Trying to change clock phase or polarity cause an error message.
    Change the bits/word works but it unusable, we need 8/word

The timing between lowering CS0 and rising clock is very small - few ns
    The clock low phase between two bytes is very small - fw ns

The connected chip (CMX865A) is not responding.

any suggestions?

beste regards
    Günter

Hi @all

for a long time we are using the PicoCOM1 with audio applications developed around the ALSA controls for the AIC23B codec

stereo output = "Headphone"
    stereo input = "Input"
    and "Input Mute"

Now I'm testing a PicoCOM4 with the same audio codec but all the ALSA controls are different and looks like a Multi channel configuration.

Where are this configurations done and how to change what to get the old interface with Headphone and Input.

Thanks for tips and hints

great answer, thanks a lot.

We will try to find out how many bytes will be written.
    First check says one 2MB file each day
    The usable space is an empty 29MB partition with jffs2 file system.

So it looks posible to use the flash.

greetings
    Guenter

Hi folks

I'm using the picocom with 64MB flash memory and need to save data files on it.
    If I use the flash to store a wave file the question is how often can I do that without errors from the flash?

What is the endurance from the flash memory?

greetings
    Guenter

Hi folks

I'm working with the audio system and after using a lot of time monaural wave files I checked yesterday stereo files.

Creating a wavefile with silence in the left channel and a Testpattern in the right channel is played from the Picocom1 with swapped channels.
    Suprised from this behaviour I checked the recording side and there is the same : swapped channels.

where should I search for the fault?

many thanks
    Günter

Laut em/ix bin ich der einzige bei dem es Probleme gibt.
    Alle anderen Kunden sind absolut zufrieden.
    Man weigert sich daher auch mir zu helfen und sieht keiner Veranlassung dazu die von mir genannten Probleme für Ernst zu nehmen.

Klasse!

Thanks for relpy

Inside the boot loader the flash routines reside and I've problmes when Linux mounts this flash partition programmed with u-boot.

The idea was that a propably little bug inside the flash routines may be solved in a newer version.
    Or just add verify to the write functions.

I'll have a look in the code.

best regards
    Günter

Hello at all

what is the current version number from the boot loader U-Boot?

The installed version in BSP1.1 is from 2008.10 and seams to be very old and obsolet.

Is there a newer version implemented for the Picocom1-modul?

Best regards
    G.Kollmann

Hi at all

I'm using the picocom1 modul for audio input and output.

If I create a wave file at the PC with exactly 1KHz/16bit/16KSMP and start aplay test.wav the signal after the codec sounds bad and has distortions.

It looks like the sample frequence is added to the 1KHz sine.

Normally the used tlv320aic23c should be god as CD-quality but is here worst than a babyphone.

What's may be wrong?

Greetings
    Günter

ja, das BSP1.1 ist von emlix

Keine Ahnung ob das ein generelles Update war oder etwas spezielles, das war vor meiner Zeit, solang arbeite ich mit dem System noch nicht.

Gruß
    Günter

Ich habe an der .config keine Änderungen für das Audio-Device gemacht.

amixer set headphone geht nicht *oops*, aber es ging auch um die Zahl(en) dahinter.

Das BSP wäre aber 1.1

gruß Günter

Hi at all

I'm using picocom1 with NAND flash as storageplace for linux kernel and targetfs.

Using U-Boot to flash a new kernel and/or targetfs seams to work without errors, erasing and writing gives no error messages.
    But when running the system out of the flash and the kernel mounts the targetfs errors from the jffs2-system appears.
    for example:

Code
    1. [33554141.773437] JFFS2 error: (1) jffs2_build_inode_pass1: child dir "e2pm" (ino #988) of dir ino #984 appears to be a hard link
    2. [33554141.703125] JFFS2 error: (1) jffs2_build_inode_pass1: child dir "e2pm" (ino #988) of dir ino #984 appears to be a hard link
    3. [33554141.742187] JFFS2 error: (1) jffs2_build_inode_pass1: child dir "e2pm" (ino #995) of dir ino #991 appears to be a hard link
    4. [33554141.773437] JFFS2 error: (1) jffs2_build_inode_pass1: child dir "pcm" (ino #891) of dir ino #885 appears to be a hard link
    5. [33554141.804687] JFFS2 error: (1) jffs2_build_inode_pass1: child dir "init" (ino #890) of dir ino #885 appears to be a hard link
    6. [33554141.843750] JFFS2 error: (1) jffs2_build_inode_pass1: child dir "cards" (ino #889) of dir ino #885 appears to be a hard link
    7. [33554141.875000] JFFS2 error: (1) jffs2_build_inode_pass1: child dir "speaker-test" (ino #894) of dir ino #885 appears to be a hard link

This messages appears at certain picocom1-modules, other runs the same targetfs without any problems.

What's going wrong?
    What can I do to solv the problem?

Thanks
    Günter

Jepp, es kommt was heraus, aber sehr wackelig.

Das timing ist allerdings .. suboptimal

Code
    1. amixer set headphone 0

oder

Code
    1. amixer set headphone 30,40

oder

Code
    1. amixer set headphone 80,80

oder ... funktioniert tadellos.

Gruß G.

Thanks Simon

may be it's why Atmel prefered the SPI.. TWI is the domain from NXP :)

I used irq-driven i2c with Arm7 LPC2xxx, a lot of chips connected over 4way multiplexer and it woks perfekt.

The SCL-speed now is at 200kHz and seams to be ok.

best regards
    Günter