Posts by JonnyE

Dear F&S,

what to we have to do to disconnect the CAN transceiver of an armStoneA5 Starter kit?
    Do we have to desolder the transceiver or are there any resistance bridges we have to remove?
    Simply put, what is the best way to accomplish this?
    We want to use our own base board carrying galvanically isolated CAN transceivers.

Hallo,

we purchased the armStoneA5 starter kit. Using buildroot I created a new root filesystem.
    In the config menu I chose remount root filesystem read-write during boot

At the end of the boot process the system tries to generate ssh dsa and rsa keys which delays booting up to nearly 1 minute.

We tried to remount the filesystem rw and generate these keys manually using

But we didn't have success. I've also tried restoring the root filesystem using rootfs_std-fsvybrid-V1.0.ubifs from the fsvybrid-V1.0.tar.bz2 archive.
    What do I have to do to generate these keys and save them permanently in order to make the boot up delay disappear?
    Why is my root filesystem not mounted rw although I've chosen it in buildroot?

Thank you very much!

Hello,
    I just want to replace the existing root filesystem with the one I've created from buildroot. As you pointed that
    a user volume already exists, I tried to download and write immediately, but without success.

Code
    1. armStoneA5 # ubi write $loadaddr rootfs $filesize
    2. Error, no UBI device/partition selected!

So I tried to find out how the existing partition is named and
    unsuccessfully used the ubi info layout command you mentioned.

Code
    1. armStoneA5 # ubi info layout
    2. Error, no UBI device/partition selected!

I was looking for some help and found the following documentation:
    http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubi.html#L_usptools
    They use a slightly other syntax, commands are without spaces, and the mentioned -h option does not work
    when I'm operating on armStoneA5.
    Can you provide a documentation for the ubi tools you use on armStoneA5 or
    give me the sequence of commands I have to use for replacing the root filesystem?
    What did I do wrong with the ubi info layout command?

Dear F&S,

we purchased the armstone A5 Starter Kit. I've created a rootfs image using buildroot and tried to load it following the guide Vibrid Linux First Steps starting at section 4.4 Load and Save Root File System. Unfortunately
    command ubi create rootfs fails. What did I miss? Here is my log: