Posts by elpagani

Hello team,

I need to install a CAB file on PicoCOMA9X WEC2013.

When I try to launch the CAB from the command prompt, it returns this message:

"Don't know how to execute XXXXXX.cab"

At this link I read that you can enable this feature.
    Can you please give me some information?

Thanks.

PS. The cab is compiled for WEC2013 for ARM

Hi team,

I will export the log and possibly report here on the forum which are the logs concerning the VPN settings.

To supervise the status of your connections you indicated to implement Connection Manager.

Unfortunately I noticed that this feature is based on a dll which is not present in my PicoCOMA9X, "CellCore.dll".

Is it a resource you can implement? I have not found any reference to Connection Manager (ConnMgr.exe) or CellCore.dll related to WEC2013 on the internet.

PS. I also tried to recompile the OpenNETCF dlls which should implement everything we need, but those libraries also rely on CellCore.dll.

I found the solution to recompile OpenNetCF at this link .

I'll briefly explain what we need to do about connections:

We have 2 active connections, an ethernet LAN and a VPN; by code I have to check if the LAN is connected, then I have to check if the VPN is connected.

I hope I have been clear in explaining the matter.

Thanks for your help.

Good morning team.

I was able to connect the PicoCOMA9X to my VPN network when turned on.

I used something different from what you indicated: the executable "rnaapp.exe".

from the command line I use the following command:

Code
    1. rnaapp -m -e"My Connection"

and the device connects to the VPN (attempts to connect).

The -m parameter is used to hide the connection prompt so that the user does not see it.

the -e"Connection Name" parameter is used to indicate to the application which connection to start.

Through a small application or a Batch, at power on you can start this command and connect to the VPN.

One more question: How do I create my VPN connection using registers? (by entering the data of IP, DHCP, Connection Name, etc.)

because until now I have worked on a connection created via the picoCOM using the display and keyboard on the device; we would like to automate its creation via a txt file to pass to ndcucfg.exe.

Which registers need to be set up?

Thanks.

Thanks for the answers.

Meanwhile, it would be useful for us to be able to test the kernel with an integrated VPN connection.

What interests us is to implement Internet of Things (IoT) in our devices and enter industry 4.0 (to provide remote support to customers).

A remote access to the device such as CERDISP / CERHOST would be perfect for checking the "live" status of the device.

In addition, also the ability to make updates to our applications on devices remotely.

Is it possible using VPN?

I hope it is useful and clear to you.

Dear support Team,

We use PicoCOMA9X with WEC2013.

We already know the "Cerhost" / "Cerdisp" applications, we have already tested them previously on site and they work within our local network.

But we must NOT use it in our local network, but we must access a machine that is already with the customer, using a PC from our office.

In summary:

• how can we connect using Cerhost / Cerdisp to a machine that is already at the customer with a PC from our network/Internet?

• how to manage the PicoCOMA9X network connection to make sure that from the customer is recognized in our network?

We currently have an ethernet socket on the device.

Eventually, we can also consider other proposed solutions.

Thanks.

Hello,

Yes, i call "Crea_processo" the first time and it doesn't start, when it happens that the video doesn't start I have to close the form from which I launch the video (otherwise it doesn't start every time), reopen it and then when I try to relaunch the video it has bad performances (sometimes doesn't start again).

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Where can I find the email to send you the video file? Can you provide it to me here using the forum conversation?

However, within my vb.net application I launch the video in the click event of a picturebox (which is generated via the touch screen), the code is as follows:

Code
    1. Dim p As New Diagnostics.Process
    2. p = Crea_Processo("\FFSDISK\FS_CEPlayit.exe", True,, Name & " -f -d")
    3. p.Kill()

Crea_Processo is a function that creates a process on cePlayit.exe using the "video file name" & "-f -d" as arguments.
    I also tried using Shell, using the Process class and other conventional methods, but the result is the same.

Good morning,

we have a problem with video playback (in .mpg format) inside our application on PicoCOMA9X with WEC2013, display with 1024 * 600 pixel resolution.

Using FS_CEPlayit.exe (provided by F&S), the video sometimes doesn't start.

I explain better, the player seems to start but nothing is seen (there is NO black screen, but the screen remains the previous one to the launch of the video file), and during this phase the display does not respond to the touch exactly for the duration of the video (as if the video started but nothing was displayed on the screen).

Usually this occurs in the first attempts to start the video, in the subsequent attempts the video is displayed but it jerks, with a bad performance.

We tried to change the video resolution (800 * 480, 720 * 480, 1280 * 720, 1024 * 600, 480 * 272), lowered the bitrate (256k, 512k), lowered the FPS (30 FPS, 25 FPS, 24 FPS) but the result does not change. With each combination the video has the problems mentioned above. It looks like a problem with FS_CEPlayit.

What to do to improve video performance? Obviously with these bad performances it is impossible to include video playback in the project.

It is an urgent problem to be solved.

We look forward to your reply.

I have the necessity to play a video on picoCOMA9X with OS Windows Embedded Compact 2013.

I tried to use CEPlayit.exe, but still not works.
    I tried also to start it via visual basic and via Command prompt.

Visual Basic code:
    Shell("CEPlayit 106_0327.mp4 -f", AppWinStyle.MaximizedFocus, True)
    Or
    Shell("\windows\ceplayit.exe 106_0327.mp4 -f -e -m", AppWinStyle.MaximizedFocus, True)

Using the following command

Command prompt code:
    Ceplayit video.mp4 -f

Video file is in \windows.

after copying the video in \ffsdisk I used the following command:
    Ceplayit \FFSDISK\video.mp4 -f

But still not works. There are no Messages on screen.

How can i play a video on picoCOMA9X / windows embedded
    compact 2013?