Posts by ahmedawad

Thank you so much! It works flawlessly. Another small question please. I understood that we must load the minimal.img in RAM first to write it later on the emmc. is it correct?

In case yes, then this means if i have another yocto image that is larger than the RAM size, then i can not flash that image on the emmc. correct?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply.

So i understood that it is possible to write a yocto image on the emmc from the uboot console. is it correct?

Again i will describe what i need to do:

I have an image called "minimal.img" it has 2 partitions (partition 1 is FAT32 and partition 2 has the root file system). I can write this image from linux user space on the emmc using:

dd if=/home/root/minimal.img of=/dev/mmcblk2 where /dev/mmcblk2 is the emmc

How can i perform such command from u-boot? is it mmc write and if yes what are the correct arguments for mmc write?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @all,

i generated a minimal yocto image for efusA9 with .sdimg extension. The image can not be written/flashed on the NAND flash due to the NAND flash size capacity. I need to write/flash the image from uboot to the internal 4Gbytes emmc.

Is there any u-boot command which can flash the image from USB to the emmc?

I know i can perform this from linux using dd command, I simply put the image on the usb, mount the usb and use dd to flash the image on /dev/mmcblk2 which represents the emmc card. However, I need to use u-boot to detect the USB and if it finds an image file, then it flashes it on the emmc.

Thanks in advance,

Ahmed

Thank you. Then I will build the usb wlan driver as a loadable kernel module not a kernel built in module.

I am also not sure if it is a wlan driver issue, but do you know how to have a wlan connection on f+s processor modules that do not support this feature e.g efus Quad core ?

We thought of a usb wlan modules and if it is the only option, do you recommend another usb wlan modules that you already tested ?

Thanks again.

kind regards

Hi @all,

I have an EdiMax USB Wlan adapter which is based on Realtek "RTL8192CU" Wlan chip module. I configured the efusA9 Kernel to include the driver for that chip "RTL8192CU" using yocto. However, I followed exactly the steps to build up "fus-image-std" in "FSiMX6_FirstSteps_eng.pdf"

Before I build up the image, I called the kernel menuconfig using "bitbake -c menuconfig linux-fus" to add the "RTL8192CU" driver. After sometime I obtained the configuration window.

Once the window opened, I chose "Device Driver"--> "Network device support" -->"Wireless LAN" -->"Realtek rtlwifi family of devices" --> "Realtek RTL8192CU/RTL8188CU USB ...." . I chose to build them statically in the kernel not as modules. I saved and built the image. Everything was smooth.

I plugged my USB Wlan stick but dmesg shows a problem with a certain firmware "rtl8192cufw_TMSC.bin" -->

Code
    1. root@fsimx6:~# dmesg | grep rtl
    2. [ 1.714039] usbcore: registered new interface driver rtl8192cu
    3. [ 2.666642] rtl8192cu: Chip version 0x11
    4. [ 2.768411] rtl8192cu: MAC address: 74:da:38:f8:aa:b4
    5. [ 2.772179] rtl8192cu: Board Type 0
    6. [ 2.774644] rtl_usb: rx_max_size 15360, rx_urb_num 8, in_ep 1
    7. [ 2.779217] rtl8192cu: Loading firmware rtlwifi/rtl8192cufw_TMSC.bin
    8. [ 2.788271] ieee80211 phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'rtl_rc'
    9. [ 2.789735] usb 1-1.1: Direct firmware load for rtlwifi/rtl8192cufw_TMSC.bin failed with error -2

The very strange is that when I perform:

Code
    1. iw dev wlan0 scan

I can get almost every wlan router in the round but I did not understand why I can not connect to my router.

any ideas please? Do i need to configure extra parameters in kernel to get the rtl8192cu driver correctly to work?

I attached the files (/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf) and (/etc/network/interfaces), knowing that I use the same configuration files to connect to my router on another RPI3 that has yocto system running.

When I perform "ifup wlan0" on the efusA9 module I get also this issue:

Thanks in advance

kind regards

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried your suggestion as follows:

* I modified the LCD string "LCD-ET035080" in this file linux-4.1.15-fus-Y1.0/drivers/video/fbdev/mxc/mxc_lcdif.c according to your values that you suggested -->

Code
    1. {
    2. /* 320x240 @ 60 Hz , pixel clk @ 6.5MHz */
    3. "LCD-ET035080", 60, 320, 240, 153846, 48, 20, 8, 4, 20, 10,
    4. 0,
    5. FB_VMODE_NONINTERLACED,
    6. 0,
    7. },

Please is it possible to provide the values to be written in mxc_lcdif.c file as I tried many times but no gain to get our LCD working?

another question please, is your 3.5 LCD working with efusA9 Quad core module ?

Thanks,

Kind regards

Hi,

please I want to mention that, I did not change the LCD configurations in file "linux-4.1.15-fus-Y1.0/drivers/video/fbdev/mxc/mxc_lcdif.c" for your 3.5 LCD and here is actually the configuration I used:

Code
    1. {
    3. "LCD-ET035080", 60, 320, 240, 153846, 48, 20, 8, 4, 20, 10,
    4. 0,
    6. 0,
    7. },

Then I had no chance to get it to work.

Please I want to mention also that my 3.5 LCD worked very well on the 7Ull efus module (single core), because the configurations were looking a little bit different than in efus Quad core module.

So I actually changed the LCD settings in the dts file of efus7ull module "linux-4.1.15-fus-Y1.0/arch/arm/boot/dts/efusa7ul.dts" to -->

(It was previously configured to your standard 7 inch display and I used this configuration for my 3.5 LCD)

Then with that configuration above, everything worked on the 7ull module but I tried to use it as well for the quad core but no gain.

There are 4 parameters "hsync-active" , "vsync-active" , "de-active" and "pixelclk-active" which I could not set them in the "mxc_lcdif.c" for the 3.5 inch display in the "LCD-ET035080" part which I posted up there.

Thanks in advance,

kind regards

Hi everyone,

I am trying to integrate this 3.5 display with efusA9 quad core platform. That display has exactly the same AC timing characteristics as your 3.5 inch display. I want to know please what are the correct kernel configuration for this 3.5 display?

I know I have to change the following:

1- I modified only these lines in this file --> linux-4.1.15-fus-Y1.0/arch/arm/boot/dts/efusa9q.dts (I used LCD-ET035080 instead of the 7 inch display)

Code
    1. /*
    2. * Configure LCD settings here (ignored if LCD is not used);
    3. * see drivers/video/fbdev/mxc/mxc_lcdif.c for possible LCD mode strings
    4. */
    5. #define CONFIG_EFUSA9_LCD_BPP 32
    6. #define CONFIG_EFUSA9_LCD_PIX_FMT "BGR666"
    7. #define CONFIG_EFUSA9_LCD_MODE_STR "LCD-ET035080"

2- I looked as well into linux-4.1.15-fus-Y1.0/drivers/video/fbdev/mxc/mxc_lcdif.c file where the LCD-ET035080 defined

Code
    1. {
    3. "LCD-ET035080", 60, 320, 240, 153846, 68, 20, 18, 4, 20, 10,
    4. 0,
    6. 0,
    7. },

If you please have a look at the data sheet page 10 of my display, you will find it is exactly the same as your display at page 5. This means there is no difference between your display and my display and your configuration shall work.

please what shall I change in order to get this 3.5 display to work?

Thanks in advance

Ahmed

Hi everyone,

I tried to build chromium within yocto and I followed the steps as in the Efus First steps guide, but in the middle of the build process bitbake can not find this file "file://include.gypi".

in summary I did the following:

- I downloaded "fsimx6ul-Y1.0.tar.bz2"

- ./setup-yocto

- DISTRO=fus-imx-x11 MACHINE=fsimx6ul source ./fsl-setup-release.sh -b build

- I added the chromium package as in section 9.2.7

- bitbake fus-image-std

only in middle of the build process, I hit exactly this error -->

Thanks

kind regards

Ahmed

I did the following simple test.

* Connect sd-card in Micro-slot on the development card. When checking the active slot on u-boot console

Code
    1. mmc dev 0
    2. --> Card did not respond to voltage select!
    3. mmc dev 1
    4. --> switch to partitions #0, OK
    5. mmc1 is current device

* Connect sd-card in Macro-slot on the development board. Then checking the active slot on u-boot console

Code
    1. mmc dev 0
    2. --> No thing is showed on the console
    3. mmc dev 1
    4. --> MMC: no card present

Please can you confirm if this is correct ?

Thanks

Ahmed

Hi everyone,

I have efusA7Ul-V1-Lin module which supports 2 sd-cards. I can very well boot my image from Macro-sdcard but not from Micro sd-card. I do the following:

1- I change only 3 u-boot environment variables to boot from Macro sd-card as follows:

Code
    1. setenv kernel ${.kernel_mmc}
    2. setenv fdt ${.fdt_mmc}
    3. setenv rootfs ${.rootfs_mmc}
    4. saveenv

doing so is not enough to get the image to boot from (Macro sd-card slot). I have to change "rootfs" after performing the steps above from "root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait" to "root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 rootwait", I must change "rootfs" to

Code
    1. setenv rootfs 'root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 rootwait'
    2. saveenv

When kernel boots, I can see that Macro sd-card is read as slot 1 on the development board.

Code
    1. This line is from kernel logs--->
    2. mmcblk1: mmc1:1234 SA04G 3.63 GiB
    3. mmcblk1: p1 p2 p3 p4

Till now it is ok. If I insert the sd-card in (Micro sd-card slot) on the development board and try to perform the same trick as in step 1 above, the image does not boot at all.

is slot 0 meant for Micro sd-card?

Please any idea how can I get an image written on an sd-card to boot from Micro sd-card on the efus-development board ? what needs to be correctly changed in u-boot environment variables or do i have to recompile the kernel image to enable the recognition of 2 sd-cards?

Thanks alot.

Ahmed

Thanks for your respond. I will tell the steps that I perform to use MfgTool:

1- I downloaded "nbootimx6ul_31.zip" from the F&S DownloadArea

2- Inside MfgTool folder I renamed the extracted file from "nbootimx6ul_31.bin" to "nboot.bin"

3- I reviewed the content of ucl2 XML file, here is my content -->

I am not sure if dev=MX6Q is correct for imx6Ul ?

4- I attached imx6Ul module on the development board and plugged the USB-Macro cable in the board and in my PC. Then I started MfgTool2.exe, however I can not detect the board.

Please do I miss any steps or you do have modifications ?

Thanks

Kind regards

I deleted the Nboot accidentally on efusA9 module. I remember that I did the following:

* Entered the Nboot console from the DCUTermi ( shift + s and click reset button on the development board)

* Erased nand (shift + E) and clicked 'd' which will wait for the "uBoot" to be pushed on the module

* Instead of writting uBoot and selected nboot.bin and it was written !!

After that I could not get any response from the module. The only solution was using MFgTool to re-download the "nboot.bin" on the efusA9 module, then it worked again.

When I was trying to do the same for efusA7Ull, the module does not show anything on any of the serial ports. The voltage pins on the development board is in order and no problems.

The 2 leds which shall toggle on the module if there is no "uBoot" installed on the NAND flash do not toggle as well.

Thanks

Kind regards

Hi everyone,

I have been using 7ull module for long time but this is the first time I face this problem. I know when there is no nboot installed on the module and when I click on the reset button on the development board, then I can see on DCUTerminal <0> is printed.

I have tested this before, I once removed nboot mistakenly on efusA9 module and i was able to retrieve it when I downloaded the MfgTool and i flashed a new one again. This time the module does not show anything when I connect it to the DCUtermi and it does not even print a <0> when I click on the reset button of the development board.

Please do you have any way or suggestions to test if the module still functional?

Thanks

kind regards

Ahmed