Posts by irisangel

Hi,

starting from your Fedora VM without modifications, fsimx6-V3.0, but also with fsimx6-V3.1:

Code
    1. make fsimx6_qt5_defconfig
    2. make menuconfig

I select the following packages:

Then:

Code
    1. make host-gdb-reconfigure
    2. make

Finally, in the generated filesystem I have the packages selected, except PostgreSQL Plugin.

If, instead of the above, I *only* select PostgreSQL Plugin, it will be in the filesystem.

This is maybe a bug, or a dependencies issue?

Thanks in advance!

I answer myself, and to people who have this problem in the future:

I was not able to find Qt5 PostgreSQL (nor another database) plugin in buildroot packages menu, but, it is! Target packages -> Graphic libraries and applications (graphic/text) -> Qt5 -> qt5base -> PostgreSQL Plugin.

If you navigate to that path you will not see the plugin, and there is no way to find it through the buildroot search.

What I have done to find and install the plugin is to search the parent level (qt5base) in buildroot search, and you will see the "hidden" packages.

I do not know if this is a bug when looking for a package, but this is a strange way to find it.

Hi,

I have Qt5 and PostgreSQL working, and I want to connect my Qt application to my PostgreSQL database.

Please, could you help me with this?

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

I have an issue executing and debugging Qt applications on armStone. Until now, my workaround is to manually download my application to armStone with tftp and execute it.

For remote execution and debugging, I follow section 4 of Quickstart with F&S Development Machine. I create the root file system with the additional packages. I have SSH configured, and I check the connection in Qt Creator: OK. I adjusted the paths of cmake, debugger, qt, kit, etc. I have qmake working. The application compiles without errors and the executable is created. All of this is working well.

But, when I click on debug symbol I see the following message:

Debugging starts
    Listening on port 10000
    Remote debugging from host 172.17.144.55

and after a while:

The gdb process has not responded to a command within 40 second(s). This could mean it is stuck in an endless loop or taking longer than expected to perform the operation.
    You can choose between waiting longer or aborting debugging.

The application is not copied to /tftpboot/, therefore none of the subsequent steps is working.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

I have a very strange issue with a Qt5 application.

When I run my application, a new mouse cursor appears, so I have two cursors: one black (the system cursor, I know it because of its color and position on the screen do not change) and one white (my application new cursor). Both cursors are on different locations on the screen, and they move synchronized when I move the mouse. Even if I click, the white cursor interacts with my application, while the black one interacts with the desktop or window manager "in the background", and sometimes I can see the desktop blinking, for example when the black cursor is above an icon at the moment of the click. Very strange.

I am using Qt5, cross-compiled wih Qt creator in your Fedora VM. This happens while there is matchbox desktop or twm window manager running, with -qws arg when launching the application and without it. I see this message when I execute my application:

Code
    1. QEglFSVivIntegration will set environment variable FB_MULTI_BUFFER=2 to enable double buffering and vsync.
    2. If this is not desired, you can override this via: export QT_EGLFS_IMX6_NO_FB_MULTI_BUFFER=1
    3. Unable to query physical screen size, defaulting to 100 dpi.
    4. To override, set QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_WIDTH and QT_QPA_EGLFS_PHYSICAL_HEIGHT (in millimeters).

Any tips? Thanks in advance!

P.S. - When I compiled Qt5, I got the error that -lpcre (perl regular expressions compatibility library) cannot be found, so I ran make -k and it finished OK.

Hi,

you could try this:

Code
    1. # rm /etc/ssh/ssh_host_*

In sshd_config, write this:

Code
    1. Port 22
    2. AdressFamily any
    3. ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
    4. PermitRootLogin yes

And set the current date (with date command) before starting sshd again, to generate the keys properly and not to get an expiration error.

Hi,

I wanted to use pins 4, 6, 8, 10, 18, 19 and 20 as GPIOs, so I commented the following lines in armstonea9r2q.dts:

Code
    1. //#define CONFIG_ARMSTONEA9R2_SPI_B
    2. //#define CONFIG_ARMSTONEA9R2_UART_B_RTSCTS
    3. //#define CONFIG_ARMSTONEA9R2_UART_D

Now I have those pins working fine as GPIOs, but I have lost the serial debug port (pins 53..61). I wonder if this issue is related in some way with the lines I commented or it has nothing to do with it.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I have the same issue with GPIO in armStoneA9r2 with V3.0, and V3.1 too.

I have modified armstonea9r2qdl.dtsi as said in #post13713, but I am still not able to toggle the value of any GPIO, pins are always high (I measure the voltage with a voltmeter).

Is this a known issue? There is a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance!