Posts by JVSANCHEZ

Hi,

Would it be possible to change the OS of a given NetDCU8 card from WinCE to Linux just in order to evaluate the other platform? If so, what would be the process? Is it documented?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    José Vicente.

Just to give more information, this is the log that I capture with DCUTermi:

Regards,

The boards had the same version before trying to update the kernel. I was trying to update it to the "NK82_CF2_120117" version through Ethernet. Every time I try the update, it finishes OK but after booting the board, it enters again the process of waiting for ethernet image upload (thus ignoring shift+S, etc.)

Thanks and regards,
    José Vicente.

Hello,

Yes, I am booting and pressing Shift + S but the board is ignoring the command. The serial output is shown anyway. All line settings are right since I have tested them with a different board and I am used to work with this stuff.

Thanks and regards,
    José Vicente.

Hi,

I was trying to update the kernel image of a NetDCU8 board that I had. I am using ESHELL to download it through Ethernet (after booting by using DCUTermi and configuring the board).

The update process seems to finish OK and the new kernel starts. The problem is that, when I reboot the card, it enters again the Ethernet download mode and I am not even able to enter monitor mode or disable kernel loading.

Could you please help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    José Vicente.

Thanks for your answer. I assumed there were 20 pins which could be configured as an input at all (based on hardware description file for NetDCU8, pin 1 is marked as I/O). Am I wrong?

Anyway, implementing the needed code to process the interrupt and configuring it so, could I detect changes in pin 1 from 0 to 3.3 V and then again from 3.3 V to 0? (I need specifically 20 digital inputs for my project.

Thanks again,

Jose Vicente.

What I would mean is that I configure pin 1 as "input" (setting data dir) and then I set 3.3 V in the pin. I read the port and I check that the bit has changed from 0 to 1. Finally, I set the pin to 0 V and read again. Now the bit is always 1.

Should I acknowledge the interrupt? Are my assumptions wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Jose Vicente.

Dear all,

I'm configuring GPPIO through WinDCUCfg in order to use all the available I/O pins as an input. I have a problem, anyway, with pin 1. It seems that, once it is activated, remains with a value of '1'.

I think it happens because is an interrupt pin but how could I "reset" the interrupt state in order to read new values again?

Thanks in advance.

Jose Vicente.

I have been looking through both pin-outs and, apart from the additional functions that NetDCU10 has, they seem to me equivalent.

Is this correct? Could I plug a NetDCU8 board on a NetDCU10 StarterKit and vice versa?

Thanks in advance. Regards.

I would need to use GPIO 0-12 as digital input. I have seen in the hardware manual that this pins are used for the keyboard too. I guess some of them are configured as outputs so this issue could cause electrical conflicts.

I'm not using a keyboard for my application but anyway, should I make any special configuration to use these pins for my purpose? Is it safe to use them?

Best regards,

Jose Vicente.

Where could I find the exact part number, manufacturer, etc. from the connectors of StartetKit? Is there any part list?

I need this info since I would like to build my own board to plug NetDCU10 in.

Regards.

OK.

I tried to install FTP server by using the .CAB you aforementioned. I have no display in my NetDCU10 so I used the /NOUI parameter on wceload.exe. After doing that, nothing seems to happen. No registry changes are acomplished (as I can seen through ndcucfg.exe).

I'm trying to install it in a telnet session.

What is wrong?

Regards,

Thanks again Zutter.

Just the last doubt. Despite of the need to include HTTPD server on the platform:

- How could I add HTTP server? And FTP server? Any other platform module?

- How should I modify ceConfig.h in order to make changes in the platform?

- What kind of changes could I perform to the platform for my present and/or future purposes?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Thanks Zutter:

I have some doubts yet.

- In my NetDCU10, as I received it from my local distributor, web server is not active (thus I get no response to <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://netdcu10_ip">http://netdcu10_ip</a><!-- m -->).

- ndcucfg: OK. I have configured my application to run at boot successfully. Anyway, where could I put my application (beside of for example "\Storage Card")?

- I have seen ceConfig.h but I don't know what to do in order to activate HTTP server. How should I modify ceConfig.h? I would like to apologyze for my probably seemless questions but I'm very new to this platform.

Vielen Dank!