IP address problems

• Hello.

When I enter a specific IP address on the PicoMOD3 with it's subnet mask, it seems to not be working. The values are properly stored (when I open the network adapter parameters I see the same values that I placed), but when I type the 'ipconfig' command under DOS, I get this text:
    Ethernet Adapter [AX887961]:
    IP Address......: 0.0.0.0
    Subnet Mask...: 0.0.0.0

Have you also seen the same behaviour or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.
    Regards,
    Daniel

• Hello,
    i set ipaddress:

and use telnet to execute "ipconfig"

It works! Did you disable DHCP? Else which kernel do you use?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello.

I can do this, but the values put in the registry there are exactly the same than with the GUI configuration. This is ok.
    However, the problem is that when I do ipconfig on the DOS command, then I still get 0.0.0.0 as IP address.
    I still tried the exact same values that you have provided, but it doesn't change anything.

Of course, I am not able to use telnet to do the ipconfig, as I don't have the ethernet communication without IP address.

Yes, I did disable DHCP, exactly as your example shows it.

The Kernel I am using is this one:
    NKP3_CORE_CF35_080612.bin
    and the eboot:
    ebootp3_135.nb0

Regards,
    Daniel

• Hello,
    i used exactly the same SW configuartion as you told above. So i suggest there is an other configuration problem. Do set registy to delivery state (command "R" in bootloader) and try it again and please publish the register enumeration from the tcpip key in case of further failure.
    Whats about the HW do you have a link?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello.

I have reset the registry with the "R" command like suggested. This doesn't solve the problem, it remains exactly the same.
    The hardware is working well when I use the PicoMOD1 with the 80->140 pins adapter, and the ethernet is working fine (pings get back).

Here is the enumeration of the \comm\ax887961\parms\tcpip registry:

Code
    1. 00 "WINS"=multi: \
    2. 01 "DNS"=multi: \
    3. 02 "Subnetmask"=multi: 255.0.0.0 \
    4. 03 "IpAddress"=multi: 10.0.0.178 \
    5. 04 "DefaultGateway"=multi: 0.0.0.0 \
    6. 05 "EnableDHCP"=dword:0 \
    7. 06 "AutoCfg"=dword:1 \
    8. 07 "LLInterface"=string: \
    9. 08 "UseZeroBroadcast"=dword:0 \

When I change the parameters in the GUI configuration, then the ipconfig command returns the proper IP values.
    However the problem resides AFTER the reboot. In this case, even if we did a reg save before, the ipconfig command returns all zeros for the IP address.

Even just after setting the proper IP address through the GUI (without reboot), the interface is not working (no ping get back), although the registry settings are ok and the ipconfig command returns the proper values.

Please try the same on your side so we know if you see the same symptoms.
    We are stuck with this and it is urgent. Please help.
    Thanks,
    Daniel

• Looking further, it seems to be related to the hardware, as when we use the starterkit, then the ethernet works fine.

I wonder if you wouldn't have made another error in the handling of the compatibility regarding the ethernet between picoMOD1 and 3?
    It was already the case with USB and COM port.

Please compare both schemes of picoMOD1 and 3 and let us know if you still guarantee the hardware compatibility between both regarding ethernet (through the 80->140 pins connector.

Thank you.
    Regards,
    Daniel