how to access usb stick

• If I connetc a usb stick, I get "\Hard Disk", but on some usb sticks nothing happens.

How do I know whether a USB stick is connected, and where (which path) I can access them?

Steffen

• WindowsCE is very picky about USB sticks. Some work an some don't.
    You have to try different USB sticks to find a working one.
    To test, plug in the USB stick while the NetDCU is running a see if "\Hard Disk" appears. Then power off the NetDCU and switch on again while the USB stick is connected. "\Hard Disk" should appear in both cases.
    And try exactly the stick you want to use for production before you buy large quantities, because different capacities or even different models from the same manufacturers with same capacity behave different.
    Even between the NetDCU models there are differences. If you want to use the USB stick on the NetDCU8 then you must do the test on the NetDCU8.

We are using the Trekstore USB2.0 128MB stick on the NetDCU8. This one is delivered with the Starterkit.

Perhaps other users can tell what they are using.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• If you connect two or more USB sticks they will be named "\Hard Disk2" "\Hard Disk3" and so on.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.