System Timeouts

• Hi guys,

I am having a strange problem with my NetDCU-Board: While running my program based on nano-X, the system is freezing sometimes for a short moment (up to one second) and then continuing normally until the next timeout (not periodical). All processes running have a total cpu utilization of about 80-90 percent. Is that the problem or are there any other hints for solving the problem?

Thx,
    Patrick

• This looks like a garbage collector always running when no more memory is available. But that would only be possible if you use Java (or Mono/DotGnu).

Regards,

H. Keller

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Quote from "hwmbabe"

The program is written in C, so there should be no garbage-collection(?)... any further suggestions?

No specific ideas from me anymore. Try to strip down your program more and more until this effect vanishes. Then the problem must be in the last block that you removed.

Regards,

H. Keller

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• I think this is no regular behaviour, therefore just try to locate and remove the problem, then everything should be fine. And by the way, a real-time-extension is not so easy to handle as you might think.

Regards,

H. Keller