Update kernel using only USB connection

• I know how to download a kernel file to PicoCOM2 using a serial connection with DcuTerm.exe and the NetDCU USB Loader.
    After I enter the WindowsCE Bootloader (Eboot) by pressing <SHIFT> + ‘s’ while powering on the PicoCOM2 the USB connection is established in NetDCU USB Loader (status red => green), and I can transmit a file.

What if there is no serial connection? Is there a way to download a kernel file using only a USB connection?

Thank you in advance for any hints

André Lehmann

• The NDCUCFG utilties offers some commands to control bootloader behaviour. You could use the command "boot set au" to activate auto USB-Download. Additionally you should disable auto-boot with the command "boot set l0". After rebooting the PicoCOM afterwards, USB-Download should be activated automatically.
    But please note that the bootloader will allways start USB-Download on bootup and WindowsCE will not run before you have downloaded and flashed a new kernel image.

Additionatly we offer a KernelUpdate programm that enables the possibility to update a kernel image out of a running WindowsCE system. It's a regular application and you may start it automatically form an USB stick for example, by just pluging in the stick. To get more information about this software package, please contact our sales department (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:sales@fs-net.de">sales@fs-net.de</a><!-- e -->).

Software developer, F&amp;S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.