CEDB grows up infinit and slow down the system

• Hello,
    in the last time we encounter more and more the problem that CEDB grows up infinite. After some investigations we saw that the launch of some .NET applications causes this problem. We were not able to isolate the area within the .NET application which causes the problem until now. But we checked CEDB and find that one entry for "repllog.exe" is inserted after each reboot. This behavior may slow down the system (e.g. ActiveSync does not connect any more ...).

Use the following workaround to prevent growing of CEDB.
    1. check CEDB for multiple entries
    2. delete the multiple entries

Sample code

Files

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Cannot open the zipped exe. When I try to open it on a PicoMOD, it sasy "... is not a valid Windows CE application" and when I try to open it weith WinXP, it says "... ist keine zulässige Win32 Anwendung"

• Hello,
    - i can download the file (IE)
    - i can extract it on my PC
    - i can run it on a WCE device
    if this not possible in your enviroment?

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• 1. I run the application on my PicoMOD6.
    But I do not get any output messages from the application, neither by double clicking the exe in the explorer nor by starting it out from the command line.
    Is this behaviour ok?

2. Is it possible that these double entries affect something other than just Active Sync? We use Sockets to communicate via Ethernet and sometimes it can happen, that Reading from the Socket fails with the System.IO.IOException -> Unable to read data from the transport connection.

• Hello

1. as you can see from sample source code the output is only available on debug line (RETAILMSG( 1,...).
    2. If there are multiple entries for "activesync" this may also effect other functionalities because the system may be very slow. But in your case i am not sure ... .

• When I run the program, I get the following debug messages:

Database found Database: RecycleData
    Size: 356
    Records: 0
    Database found Database: DB_notify_queue
    Size: 520
    Records: 1
    Database found Database: DB_notify_events
    Size: 888
    Records: 7
    Found duplicate entries: repllog.exe - repllog.exe
    Delete duplicate entry: repllog.exe
    Error while seek db, error: 25
    3 Records deleted from DB_notify_events

What means the line:
    Error while seek db, error: 25

• Hello,
    as you can see from sample source code a seek to "checked++" is not possible! As you can also see from source, the code for seek into database is redundant and you can remove it (sorry, i think it is a hangover from an other purpose).

• Hello,
    in general "CloseHandle" should flush the changes. Did you restart before "CloseHandle"?
    PS: you may call "CeFlushDBVol" before "CloseHandle"

• Hello,

reinstalltion may not help if the problem is caused by the "CEDB problem". If you install the same kernel again the registry is not retset to default. Best would be to apply EBoot commands "R" and "E" and reinstall your application again. But i would recommend to check CEDB to be sure we have this problem here.

If we have not the "CEDB problem", have you some more details?

E.g. is it related to your application or even to WCE?

Debugout?

Does it occur on your own beaseboard and on SKIT too?

Kernelversion/date? Board?

Can you access via Ethernet in this case and run CEShell (shell -c -> gi thrd -> threadtime)?