Windows CE .NET Utilities for Visual Studio NET 2003

• I have seen in the NetDCU8 starter kit docu to use this tool to get debugging for VS .Net.

I have VS 2008 installed runing on a Windows 7 64 bit.

Running the installer it requires .Net 1.1.4322 to be installed which is installed or I cannot install it because Windows Update gives no option to install .Net Framework 1.1.4233

I changed the compabilitiy mode to run with "Previous Windows version" (Eigenschaften -> Kompatibilität -> Kompatibilitätsmodus -> Ausführen für -> Vorherige Windows Version).

Is there a chance to get it work in my environment?

• Hello,
    using VS 2008 (Pro) on Windows 7 64 bit you need not additional installation to develop and deploy your applcation.
    Just create a "smart device" project (C#.NET or VB.NET ) for "windows ce" thats all!

PS: in the project settings you can select CF2.0 or CF3.5.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

developing is working and I get the executable stored on my PC. Deploying is done by copying the executable directly or via USB device to the SD Card.

The thing I'am missing is the ability to debug.

In the documenation for the NetDCU8 startet kit (Chapter 4 Software Development with VS.NET) I have seen that this is done over network.
    In the documentation for the NetDCU11 starter kit (Chapter 3 Software Development) I have seen that in this case I need to use Active Sync. I haven't installed Active Sync by now.

Another question beside that. I have found a as it seem new CD without any data on it labeled with
    Order: <Ordernumber> NetDCU-Bootscreen 26.1.09
    Is that OK or is there something missing?

• Hello,
    yes, easiest way for debugging is using ActiveSync. You can also connect via Ethernet refer "VS LAN Connect" in the tools section in our download area.

Another question beside that ...

- Did you order boot screeen feature? In general you get a download area which contains data.
    - You don't need any data from any CD. Every theing you need can be downloaded from our web.

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Greetings above,

I'll try to follow your description. However, up to now active sync fails to connect.
    (I get the message, that the device would not be ready) and I also cannot find the
    download area you are refering to :/

• Hello,
    - you can download "VS LAN CONNECT" from http://www.fs-net.de/download/bin/ -> Tools.
    - you can download ActiveSync from microsoft. Intall ActiveSync on your PC reboot CE device and connect both via USB device cable. This should work!!!