PicoCOM2 to PicoCOM4 migration

• I'm interested in migration of my project from PicoCOM2 to PicoCOM4. Can I use my Starter Kit from PicoCOM2 and just buy pack of 10 PicoCOM4 computers? Is it possible to get access to update ftp page without buying new SK?

Is there any hardware difference I should have to know?

• The PicoCOM4 is meant as a replacement for the PicoCOM2. As such we have tried to be as similar as possible. However as there is another type of micro controller in use, some things will behave slightly differently. Some examples you can find in this PicoCOM4 forum, e.g. regarding I2C and repeated start conditions. We try to keep all our drivers compatible, but some features simply can't be simulated if they are not supported in the hardware. There were some features where we had to implement workarounds on the PicoCOM2. On the PicoCOM4, they will behave more normal again, i.e. more similar to our other boards, but nonetheless these are minor differences to the PicoCOM2. However there should be nothing that can not be solved by software.

To see the pin layout of the PicoCOM4, you simply need to download the Product Flyer.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.