• dear,

i use picocom2 module and i want to create a first application in c# but i need to use RS232 to communicate with an other device, have you an example of communication RS232 in C# because i found no document about it

thanks in advance

• dear,

i use COM2 but i have a problem with the reception.... i read nothing. i try all i found with google read, readline, existing receive event or not but nothing, aybody have an idea. It's strange because an other application wrote in C++ works perfectly!!!! so it's not an hardware problem maybe f&s driver problem?

thanks in advance

• Hello,
    how do you test it by using c++?
    Can you post your C# code?
    I don't think that it is a driver poblem becaus it works in c++.

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• i write a simple application on vs2005 with just a text box and a button
    As soon as receive anything on com 2 i send the data on the textbox and when i click on the button i send a message to the pc.

I write the application for windows it's works well.
    I write the same (same code) for smart device application and picocom.... and just the TX message works (with the button)

this is the code

[EDIT from admin: repaired the code section]

• Wath's about your initialisation?
    Did you try following with your special setting (http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-d…ialport.datareceived.aspx)?
    If it not works, can you read without using an event?

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• in visual studio 2005 when you add a serial port in the designer the initialisation is by default 9600 8 1 N.
    i use COM2 not COM1 because COM1 is already used by netdcu.
    I tried without event and it's the same. I change the dtr state, rts cts it's the same

• Strange! But i can't believe that there is a bug in .NET! But if it works in c++ ... .
    Can you check it with VS2008 and .NET3.5?
    Did you try following work around by ddl import?

• sorry but i don't know how to use dll import with serial port, i'm a beginner.
    Don't you have just an exemple written in c# for rs232 that you test before with your module like picocom2 ?!!!!! nobody tests it ????

• Sorry, i have no complete source code sample.
    Just use dll imports i attached in my previous post and call "Open()", "Read()", "Close()" from your code.
    Does this work?