Lost connection with USB and TCP/IP

• No there are no news.

But i remember a customer who have had similar problems (see http://social.msdn.microsoft.c…d7-4913-8769-eb3ff9d792b5). Does code optimization helps in your case?

Can you send me a configured NetDCU11, source code and a short instruction for investigation? Problem have to be reproducable in my office! I cannot promise you a solution but i can spend one or two hours, then we will see ... .

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Hello,

I don't think it's the same problem like described in the other forum because it also happens without debugger.
    But now I will try some code optimizations. If nothing helps, I will try to make a test package and send it to you.

Best regards, Kaiserle

• Hello,

I reviewed my sourcecode and found following out:
    1) The network connection problems start wehen I use the send method. The first few times it works fine but after some sent messages it works slower and slower. After about 4 messages ist takes a few seconds until message is send out, then longer and longer. Later the network connection brakes down.
    2) I assume that the reason are the very short messages I send (about 20Bytes). So I tested following points 3) and 4) but without success.
    3) I tried non blocking mode with

Code
    1. u_long ul = 1U;
    2. int iResult = ioctlsocket(m_ServerSocket, FIONBIO, &ul);

4) I tried disabling Nagle algorythm (TCP_NODELAY) with

Code
    1. char value = 1;
    2. iResult = setsockopt(m_ServerSocket, IPPROTO_TCP, TCP_NODELAY, &value, 4);

5) Under NetDCU6 everything works fine - the problems are only on NetDCU11.

Don't know what I could do to solve this problem. Are there some further ideas?

Best regards, Kaiser

• Hello,
    sounds interesting seems you have isolated the problem. But the problem is not known from our side, refer roadmap file in the NetDCU11 kernel download area. And the reason for failure is not apparently for me.

Can you reprodruce the error using ping command: "ping -n 1000 -l 20 <IP connected with NetDCU11>"?
    Or can you provide us a very small project contains ONLY your socket-code (NetDCU11/PC) for investigation?

PS: are there any serial debug output?

F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.