PicoCOM4 touchscreen

• Hi

We've recently taken delivery of a PicoCOM4 and we're having trouble getting the 7" display's touchscreen to work.

Can someone please let me know what the registry settings within HKLM\Hardware\Devicemap\Touch should look like, the only registry entries that I can see are CalibrationData (string) and MaxCalError (Dword).

I'm wondering why there isn't an entry for DriverName - should this be present as I can see it in the registry for the PicoCOM2 (here it's set to pc2_touch.dll), so I assumed there would be a dll file on the picoCOM4 called pc4_touch.dll - but there are neither of these files on the PicoCOM4 (I can only see touch.dll, and when I set the DriverName value to touch.dll it still doesn't work)

• The default touch driver name is touch.dll. As the PicoCOM4 driver dll is called touch.dll there is no special registry setting required.

Is the touch running at all? What happens if you run "touch calibrate" in ncdcucfg. Are the touches recognized correctly?

Software developer, F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH
    As this is an international forum, please try to post in English.
    Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Unfortunately it's not working at all, if we run touch calibrate it simply doesn't register that there has been any input.

It's very bizarre, weve also tried with a second picocom4 and are having the same issue.

We are using the latest version of firmware, which is supposed to have support for the 7" screen, but it still isn't working with touch, and I've ensured all the registry settings are as they should be.

If you have any recommendations of things to try, or any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Could you please verify the debug output for a message from the touch driver? There should be something similar to this one here:

TCHPDD: Version 1.3, Key = HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH
    TCHKEY: Version 1.0, Key = HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH\VirtualKeys

Please post your complete debug trace here.

Additionally please try to enable some debug output in touch driver.

Code
    1. reg open \hardare\devicemap\touch
    2. reg set val debug dword 0xffff
    3. reg save

Da dies ein internationales Forum ist, bitten wir darum, Beiträge möglichst in Englisch zu verfassen.

• Thanks

• I have verfied the touch driver with default registry settings and kernel XIPNKPC4_CORE_CF35_120628.bin, but could not reproduce the mentioned behaviour. Above there is my current debug output.

Unfortunatly it is not possible to use the touch if all debug messages are enabled as there is too much debug output. But when debug output is disabled again, it is no problem to calibrate and use the touch screen. I have tested this with one of our SKIT displays (ET035080DH6).

So are there any additional modifications in registry in your case?
    Can you verify your HW equipment again? Are you using on our display/touch adapters?
    Do you have another touch display like the one I haved tested with to verify that at least the PicoCOM module or our starterkit is not faulty?
    Or are you already using a custom baseboard?

• Hi FS-Support,

Thankyou for your response. This is what I know:-

The touch wires are wired correctly to the board.
    I have verified 2 starter pcbs will function OK with TX09 Hitatchi display and it's touchscreen .
    My custom embedded board works OK with TX09 display and touch screen.
    I have tried 2 Picocom4's.
    I am using the EDT display adapter supplied.
    ET070080 display functions perfect apart from touch screen.

Thanks
    Martin